Alarm/ immobilser question

dinoa4

Reaction score
I have a query with my alarm/ immobiliser. The other day I locked the car using the remote locking, and the little red light next to the door pop up did not come on, but the doors locked. Instead, after about 1 minute the hazard lights started flashing. I reopened the doors and tried to lock them again,. The same thing happened. I tried a few times and exactly the same occured. So, I got in the car shut the door, and the Driver information display said that my door was open, but it was firmly shut. Eventually after a bit of messing about I managed to lock the doors and set the alarm and immobiliser.

Has anybody ever heard of this?? If so any idea on the problem.

Other than this my Audi has been brilliant!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Regards,

Sounds like you have a problem with the drivers door switch. The Alarm will not come on until the doors are locked and all doors are shut.

The sensor button for the rear doors are located on the body, however there is no button for the front doors. The sensor is located in the door latch assembly, which meens you will have to remove the inside panel of the door to get access. Check the connections, otherwise it could be the microswitch is not alligned correctly. Might be easier to replace the assembly, it is fiddley but can be done within a hour.

If you want a 2nd hand replacement, try the following contact -

Overton Dismantlers
Overton Garage Ltd
off Dyce Drive
Aberdeen
Scotland AB21 0EQ
Tel: 00.44.1224.722354
Parts Fax: 00.44.1224.775451
General Fax:00.44.1224.722457
Email : sales@overtongarage.co.uk

Regards,

Jim.