Scroll Products

Drizz

Project Plush
Reaction score
Right have decided to bite the bullet and do the turbo replacement properly, instead of looking for cheap options.....
I have the 4 options from scroll:

K03-SP51R $550
K03-SP51X $650
K04-SP51X $750
K04-SP56R $900

I have the address to send my old unit to, just need to decide what spec.
What other mods need doing to accommodate the above upgrades?
Ill be fitting a FMIC regardless, just dont know what else will need sorting prior to getting it running.
Thanks in advance.

I got myself a free flowing ex mani and made a better exhaust sytem to keep EGTs in check, i also have changed to a larger MAF body and larger injetcors. One all of that is in place, you will need to get yourself some kind of custom tune.

I am hoping to go with Rtech, they seem to know thier shizz.

I would love 56R but cannot justify it,lol

its a pants website but $900 seems steep for 270bhp (if I am reading the spec right)

Well its 550 for only 200bhp but whilst im there i thought i may as well do it properly....

I am not sure his figures are acurate ! A std k04-15 can make around 240-250 bhp with a conservative tune. i recon a decent tune should see a tad under 300 with supporting mods

So the K04-SP51X is a sensible choice? Im not going for full on power figures, just a swift comfortable car.

Standard K04-15 tend only to make around 245bhp at best with an agressive tune and thats with TT MAF, 386 TT injectors, FMIC, bypass pipe, manifold and exhaust.

Now take in to account Marks last car which only had and exhaust, manifold and a remap and he made 243bhp on his K04-SP51X so it gives you some idea what may be possible with these turbo's.

You'll basically need to do what marks done.

VR6 MAF housing with your AEB sensor inside.
C20LET Yellow Injectors
3 Bar fuel regulator
Better manifold
Tasty exhaust.

Then a custom map, although if you notice from marks thread, we got it all running on the standard map and recon it was making around 250-260hp at 1.1bar, albeit with the fuelling and ignition timing not quite spot on. Clearly more will be possible with a remap.