Audi a4 cabriolet -3 problems - help required

scottit

Reaction score
Hello
Just bought my girlfriend a 2nd hand 95 Audi Cabriolet with three problems - can anyone help:

1. Flashing red exclamation mark when car is first driven. Tends to disappear after a few minutes. Fluid levels seem OK.

2. Drivers side seat belt has been pulled all the way out and wont retract. Anyone give me a step by step guide of what I need to take off to get to it?

3. Driver seat wont tilt forward. Cable intact and probably just needs adjusting. How does the back of the seat come off?

Regards

Mike

PS Is there a Haynes manual or something similar for this car?

Theres no such think as a '95 A4 Cabrio mate

If its a 1995, its an Audi 80 Cabriolet, built on the B4 platform.

Your brake warning sounds a bit like an ABS fault, but a vagcom scan might give you a batter idea whats going on.

Actually, my dad has a '96 A4 Cabriolet... says so on the logbook. I think maybe they rebadged them from Audi 80 to A4 in the latter years of its production? Or the DVLA are wrong. :p

Anyway, you are better off asking in the B4 forum mate, as it's B4 regardless of model.

As far as I'm aware... they were all Audi 80 convertible/cabriolets up until '99 (when they stopped producing them) - they were never known as 'A4' cabbies... ever! They did change their name from Cabriolet to Convertible (or visa versa) during a semi-facelift moment though...

They followed the same pattern as the Audi 80 Coupes... but ran for a little longer.

Some previous owner must have re-badged it at some point.