anybody heard of k03 sports used in biturbo engine

dummi

smoking a6
Reaction score
i was just wondering on this, since the step up to k04 needs a lot of modification to the S4 engine would k03 sport turbos be viable? from what i gather sport k03 turbos have k04 size compressor and similar size housings to k03

this is just a thought

considering k03 can be put up to 310hp at just 1 bar and k04 is 400+hp at 1+ bar

would k03 sport be viable replacement for tired k03 ?

i would assume bigger exhaust would be needed in such a hybrid, how about injectors, manifolds, etc

if anyone knows of a place that does this i'd be interested in seeing their rolling road results.

i recall my local turbo shop mentioning they do swap to k04 quite regularly with customers, but did't get the details at the time i will try and find out more.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

From what i am aware of the K03s is the same housing as the K03 not the same as the K04. The K03s just has a more agressive angle on the turbine.
I think the S4 has K03s turbos anyway.

It is surely inconsequential... The S4 had K03 turbos of some description, probbably the lesser one due to their boost characteristics. If you are upgrading then the engine is out of the car anyway, making a K04 upgrade almost as simple. I would imagine that swapping to the K03s would not give more than a few extra BHP over the standard one, and still cost over 3k by the time its mapped etc.

There are some very good, effective and reliable K04 conversions about - thats the one to aim for.

cheers Dave this is a slow response i know

the K04 conversions i have seen advertised need rs4 injectors, manifold, airbox, maf, etc

it all adds up when i get the calculator out

maybe in a couple years i will do this

from what i heard you can't just bolt on the k04's and its done on the 2.7t, because of the huge amount of boost they produce compared to the stock k03.

with the 1.8t, its different with the one turbo.

Before my K04 conversion, I had standard K03s on my S4 and with a chip from sportec, I got it up to 340bhp.

G

You got 340 on an S4 from just a remap?
Thats pretty damn good!

[ QUOTE ]
s4sh said:
You got 340 on an S4 from just a remap?
Thats pretty damn good!

[/ QUOTE ]

remap + exhaust... www.sportec.ch! That's who did it for me

G

damn i'm impressed!

i'm going to uprate my exhaust early next year,

and for now going with apr chip mainly because the ease of switching programs,

with exhaust i'd expect for myself 320-330 hp max

just for future reference where is the uk sportec outlet based? or only in germany?