Front 60mm lowering springs

No mate, but if you wanna cough up about £100 a splinter company of jamex do them, called supersport. Manufactured in the the Deichland. They have TUV approval too. If you want a set demon-
tweeks are a supplier, but they are too expensive so better to buy direct.

Got mine direct from the factory. They were reluctant but I'de rather badger those guys then buy from demon tweeks as they truly are........you can guess!
Failing that a few companies do sell them but I'm not sure on the names. When I phoned them they were out of stock for the b5 quattro avant. If you google "audi supersport lowering springs" you will get the names....

I've been googling it all day and i can't find nothing so maybe i'll call the factory. Have you got a number because i can't even find that...

Depending on what model you have i can get a full set of supersport springs 55mm front 35mm rear for £125 delivered

Well i only need the front springs but it's a 96 a4 b5 manuel petrol

il investigate tomorrow as to wether i can can just a pair. what engine size is it?

Anyone had any of these lowering springs? Now my car is working again its just crying out to be whipped by the lowering stick..

I dont want to go too far, but what have others on here got on there S4's? I want to stick to the standard wheels / tyre set up for now, but get those arch gaps a little smaller (and handling tighter!)

what you got,
what did you pay
where from
and how are they to live with?

I am running SuperSport lowering springs on stock (and newish) dampers. Front is 60mm and rear is 50mm. They are actually pretty good.

Craigs running Eibach's Pro-kit:

main.php

main.php

The springs are actually for a 2.5 TDi Quattro Saloon, as they didnt have any for an S4 for some odd reason.

It drives like an OEM setup. Not harsh at all, just a nice amount firmer thru the twisties.

Last edited:
Yeah I have to say that the Eibach stuff is A1! Had some on my Supra (I miss it!!!) and they were A1!

I got a set of RS4 springs available. Came off a B5 (cant remember the year) Lowers about 40mm.
Pay for post and some beer money and there yours if you like.

RS4 springs on the front of a 1.8T aint gonna work all that well, and if the car is a FWD the rears wont fit at all.

The twin turbo engine is a decent amount heavier, so i would think the car would sit slightly nose up, even with a normal v6.

am i being daft?

Has Craig simply replaced springs for Eibachs and got that? That looks ace and if handling is still spot on, then that sounds great - though the RS4 spring option also sounds like an option..

How much (typically) are the Eibach setup? Around £250 all round?

ok - was being lazy - just found them on www.balancemotorsport.co.uk for starters at £230 - nice.

So, whats the difference between RS4 springs and Eibach (obviously the Eibachs are going to be new!!) but they look like they are progressive which is probably why they ride like OEM?

anything else?

I would like OEM but lower and better in the bendy bits...

craigs were less than that, i'm sure.

Those are for the Old-Skool S4 based on the Audi 100.

Craig ordered 2.5TDI Quattro Avant springs like these (S4 ones are a lot more money and the spring rates appeared to be almost identical, plus there was no S4 saloon springs available):

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=555574764

I suspect the "OEM but lower and better" fits the pro-kit quite nicely. He has coupled his up with a set of Bilstien B6 dampers too.

RS4 springs on the front of a 1.8T aint gonna work all that well, and if the car is a FWD the rears wont fit at all.

Had the RS4 springs fitted to my A4 Avant with no issues at all so the do fit all round.
Mine is a 1.9TDi and it sat pretty level.

Was it a quattro? RS4 springs wont fit on the rear of a FWD.

There are pics around here somewhere showing Sienas widebody with a 2.6 v6 engine and RS4 springs, and it certainly sits nose-up. Rear of the car is similar in weight to an RS, but the 2.7TT is a good 100kgs heavier than a 1.8T, by the time you take into account the extra intercoolers, extra turbo pipework etc etc.

Not a great pic but you can see the effect here:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/Lovindeer/25042008507.jpg

It will be even worse with a 1.8T as its lighter again than the V6.

This is mine on RS4 springs

e82e8122.jpg

This is how it sits now on coilovers. LOL

8e380189.jpg

Last edited:
Cant really say anything apart from they were fitted to my Avant and now they are not.
I know they were taken off an RS4 as I remember the car being at the garage when they were removed.