HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELp Immbiliser!!!!

• Thread starter imported_khuramz
  • Start date
I

imported_khuramz

Hey,
i need some serious help...basically i have an Audi A4 (B5) 96 reg 1.8T, i have just had some side mirrors fitted to the car with indicators built in, the indicators have been wired up from under the dash and they work fine, however when i went to start the car it wont start. The ignition lights come on, ALL the electrics work but the engine just wont turn over, you hear just one click, have checked the battery its not flat, tried a jump start anyway but still no luck. The car is fitted with a Toad alarm and has a standard Audi immobiliser...i think this problem is due to the immbiliser not resetting itself...ie its still ON.....maybe bcoz the guy was messing around with the wires under the dash the car thinks it was trying to be 'hot wired' and so has gone in to some kind of 'safe' mode....any ideas? Guys i would appreciate your swift replies on this one....thanx in advance. oh and i have also checked all the fuses..all ok.

put immobiliser into search and there are lots of ideas where people have had problems, good luck

have seen those posts, they talk about the whiet box , i know which one but i havent had any luck..have tried to mess around with the connector etc...

Does a yellow key light flash on your dash when you turn the ignition on?

Who wired your indicators up? Was it a garage?

I would have thought that the easiest way to wire the indicators up without having to know your vehicle electrics, would be to splice into the indicator stalk wire. To do this would have involved extending the steering wheel out, removing the plastic cowling.

There is a big prob with the early A4, in that the wire from the igntion switch reader to the white box wasn't long enough or got caught up. Sounds like they've pulled the wire and so the white box isn't getting the code.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if this helps, but I've been having intermittant keyswitch problems on my 97 A4. The keyswitch sometimes doesn't read the chip in the ignition key. However when this happens the car still turns over, just doesn't fire up, so looks like the Audi immobiliser doesn't cut the feed to the starter motor.
Are you sure the Toad alarm doesn't cut out the feed to the starter motor if it is not blipped.
My Sigma alarm does this, if you don't start the car within 30 seconds of blipping it then it won't turn over, and you have to turn the ignition on and then blip it to get it started. If this is the case then the fault will be with the Toad alarm rather than the Audi immobiliser.

Very true AndyMac! I forgot that the immobiliser started car and then turned it off as I've not had immobiliser problems for ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CFheerz for the replies chapz, i have heard about this wire from the white box to the ignition switch and i have checked it..it seems ample as i have my steering pushed in to the max, i have checked connectors etc. Also the yellow symbol that appears on the dash for a couple of seconds when you turn the ignition on for the immobioliser does appear and then disappears as usual but then when i turn the key nothing happens. In reference to the toad alarm...it does cut in after 30 secs aswel, well that appears to be working fine...it bleeps and the doors lock etc and then when i unbleep it they all unlock etc...so the alarm appears to be working, i have tried turning the immobioliser off via my alarm fob but that doesnt work either.

I have read somewhere on the net about relays...could be a dodgy relay? what you reckon? i have checked the fuse box on the side of the dash, there isnt another one under the bonnet? where are relays housed??
Also my car does not turn over at all.

Could entirely be a coincidence then that something else has failed when this was done.

Did you do the wiring for the mirrors? If not, take it back to where you got them done and ask what they touched!!!

have you tried to see if it will start on a small bump start ? At least that that would prove that it was just the starter cicuit. Your car should start very easily so no need to push/ roll very far.
HTH

Woooooohooooo chapz me car is SORTED!!!! it turns out it was the toad immobiliser...nice 1 AndyMac & ajmackie, apparently when the indicators were wired up something caused the toad to fault, something do with where the earth was run from ( don't know the 'electrician' talk) Anyways the guys did manage to sort it and the immobiliser works fine now and so do the indicators and the car even starts...what a rsult!!! thanx 4 dat ladz....
Anywayz the mirrors look phat.....will upload picz soon