Gas Tank !!!

K212

Reaction score
Hey guys...

So I'm on my way to a friend's party and my center screen on my dash was reading that I only had 5 miles left of gas in my tank... So I get a little nervous because I'm thinking im gonna run out of gas in the middle of traffic, then 3 miles later I finally find a gas station, which there always seems to be one everywhere unless you are Really looking for one... I was like "phew, I thought I might have to push my Audi on the street to the nearest station.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif But i guess my question is... Is there reserve gas after the electronic reading? or is 5 miles literally 5 miles left in the tank?

thanks for any info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I always take what it says on the computer as a rough estimate. The 5 miles showing will be an average calculated in respect to how you drove for the last X number of miles; so if you drive like a fool then it will show a lower reading as it thinks you're going to carry on driving like a fool, when in reality you won't be gunning it if you only had a teacup of fuel left. Use your own judgement.

There was a feature on a recent Top Gear (car programme here in the UK) where the presenter tried to drive a new A8 diesel from one end of the country to the other on one tank of fuel. The interesting thing was that the computer showed 0 miles left for a good 5 or 6 miles at the end of his journey, which in my opinion proves that the figures spewed up by the computer are all but accurate.

Just try to keep it topped up!

Drew.