parts from A8

rob v6

Learning the VAG way
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any parts from a A8 that will fit a A4 b5 as there is one in the scrap yard by me. I know the cruise control stalk fits but is there any thing else from the car.

Would have thought all the engine caps would be generic, possibly some resevoirs, some brake components, wheels, steering wheel, pedal assembly, gearknob etc etc......Not 100% on these but I know a lot of vag/audi parts are generic and therfore interchangeable......A DIY expert like Aragorn or Byanz will rock up soon and tell me I'm completely wrong! Lol!

Yer there are a lot of crossover, but it depends what your looking for.

It tends to be things like ECU's ABS pumps and suchlike. Wheels and brakes cross over to a point.

Was there anything that caught your eye?

Yer there are a lot of crossover, but it depends what your looking for.

It tends to be things like ECU's ABS pumps and suchlike. Wheels and brakes cross over to a point.

Was there anything that caught your eye?

yep the 4.2 v8 engine lol (it had blown up)

not really was just enquiring as i am new to the audi way of life

What rims does it have on it?

Would the brakes be an acceptable upgrade (calipers/carriers)...?

there where no wheels on it and the brakes had been stripped but the bloke did say he was getting another one coming in

if anyone wants anything in particular checking out i have a newly aquired 2002 S8 and a 2000 A8 2.8 quatty (still for sale at a much reduced price!) on my drive.

I had a '98 2.8 Sport - it was a fantastic car... till the cam-chain guide disintegrated!

Geeman, dude your scareing me!!! What were the symptoms, and how did it happen!!!!????

It started to run rough.... then sounded like a machine gun in the engine bay as the chain was slapping about! Luckily it hadn't jumped any cogs, so i was saved any REALLY nasty repairs.

It was a relatively easy fix... just finding the parts was a nightmare. £375 to get the new part from Audi, as they won't sell the guide separately... you have to get the whole tensioner! Can anyone say "RIPOFF"...?

I found a used tensioner from '4-rings' at Thorne, and then just used the guides (top and bottom).

Then sold the car.

I'm all over that like a sticky rash! My next job has just been decided! One other thing mate, as I don't want to be accused of thread hijacking, did you ever notice a very faint chainy noise when the car was under load, before it started to sound like a GPMG!