2000 S4 problem power windows/locks/sunroof

• Thread starter imported_Townshend2372
  • Start date
I

imported_Townshend2372

Hello:
I'm having trouble with my power window, power locks, and my sunroof. I was randomly driving down the road and they stopped working. I checked the fuse box and all the fuses were in order. We're trying to pinpoint the problem but we're not sure if it's a circuit or a relay.

If anybody has any diagrams or has gone through this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

not sure what it could be but try opening all the way (windows/sunroof) and closegin them. That worked for me after my battery died. Not sure about the locks

[ QUOTE ]
Audi_A4_Quattro said:
not sure what it could be but try opening all the way (windows/sunroof) and closegin them. That worked for me after my battery died. Not sure about the locks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup... every single time I remove my battery for engine mods, my power windows/sunroof/lock don't work for a little while then they do...

G

It just comes back on? Do the windows run off a relay or something and where would that be located? Its been 3 days and nothing so far. If anyone has any other advice please let me know. Thank you very much

[ QUOTE ]
Townshend2372 said:
Well... so far I have not figured it out... but i have noticed that the door diagram on the computer screen is messed up. maybe someone can tell me if they had this problem...

1. When the passenger door is open, it tells me the drivers door is open.

2. When the drivers door is open, it tells me the drivers door is open.

3. When either back door is open, it tells me that door is open as well as the drivers door (when the drivers is closed)

So for every door the drivers door light is on.

If anyone has any clue, please let me know

Thank you very much

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you try to put your car on a vagcom? Maybe there are some fault codes!

G

[ QUOTE ]
Townshend2372 said:
... maybe someone can tell me if they had this problem ...

1. When the passenger door is open, it tells me the drivers door is open.

2. When the drivers door is open, it tells me the drivers door is open.

3. When either back door is open, it tells me that door is open as well as the drivers door (when the drivers is closed)

[/ QUOTE ]I sometimes get a false "door open" display (showing the driver's door) even when all the doors are closed - and I get out and check them all, just to be sure.

It's not a huge problem but it's irritating because the interior light stays on and has to be switched off.

My car is a 2000 A4, with power windows and locks, but no sunroof. This may be a slight variation on your problem, but maybe there is a cure that would deal with them both.