witch map is best

marv

Reaction score
hi there i have a s4 whating to get it mapped but dnt no which one to get,i got a revo dealer 30 mins away or do i go to mrc which will takeme for ever to get there

REVO have a good reputation.

MRC have a good reputation too.

What do each one offer in terms of BHP/Torque for your money?

Revo is just a brand name though.. A stage 2/3 Revo map is setup for each application/bespoke AFAIK so a lot will depend on the tuner??

graphs not available... what are we comparing?

Price, maximum torque and power. You can obviously contact either company for more info.

I'm sure you'll find the relative graphs on the internet if you search for them and then you can compare where the all important torque is delivered.

MRC include a Healthcheck on the car before remapping it. The majority of cars they see are 2.7T's and I can't imagine there is another firm in the UK who have done more development on their maps for that engine.

Revo is a franchise, and whilst they may offer decent generic maps for a wide range of cars, the one local to you may or may not have ever seen a 2.7T in their shop before.

I know where I'd go... (again)

This may be of interest to you - http://audisrs.com/about11046.html

Viperbl (aka RS4 Man) has just started selling his tunes, along with the hardware to switch maps yourself (Ok, Revo does this too!). Viper tuned his own (slightly modified) S4 up to 730bhp!!

fantastic board that, they seem to be well into their techy stuff

wow guys thank you for all your coments, i am going to speak to themall and see what they say, i am thinking mrc al the way tho, lets see what they got to say

and also looking and compairing mrc power to revo, revo you get 5bhp more!!

they CLAIM 5bhp more. what you actually need to see is dyno plots after the work has been carried out. not just plots from them themselves as im sure theyll be doctored, you need to see plots of people's cars that have the maps on etc so get on google and get searching, otherwise youve no idea what youre actually buying