Pre-facelift 2.4 for £3k...?

nice clean car,has had a few bits done to it, still think its a lot for that money

Thats cheap s4 money. I would expect a decent facelift 1.8t quattro for that sort of money. It is very clean thou.

So you reckon it's worth £3k then?

That bodes well for the rest of us then!

£3k is far too high. You won't get much in return despite the bits added. Even at £2k I still think that's rather high.

Its a pre-facelift FWD V6, so it has no desirable features on the open market.

Its worth a grand, maybe 1500quid on a good day.

All I can say is ouch!

I would say mine is pretty clean inside out (except small dent on bonnet, thanks for 4x4 driver), done 133k Facelift, silver. I would take £1400, but would like £1500 for her if i was to sell now. But asked about p/xing her in for an a3 1.8t yesterday and he said £800-£1k if its very clean. Erm... no... lol

It's way to much. The last B5 I bought, I pay'd a little over £2K for. It was a 2000 facelift 2.8q with less than 60K on the clock. and that was back in 2008.

Last edited:
my car has shaved off £10k in 7 years :faint:

i have my tqs on there for 3k, id say mine is a bit more desirable but have had nothing but stupid offers on piston heads

I wouldnt consider 2k a stupid offer. £1000 is a stupid offer....

I've no idea on the specifics of your car, but you need to remember that 3k is getting into b6 money. 1.8TQS's do command a premium, and are amongst the most desirable B5 models, but that doesnt alter the fact that its a 10 year old car.

IMO Top dollar for a B5 (S4's excluded) is 2.5-3k, unless its had a lot done to it and is very high spec.

I paid £2200 for my W reg 2.4 v6 estate with only 110k on the clock i know it has not had the same amount of mods as the one you are looking at but it is a newer car and i can do the mods myself over time (already changed the wheels) so i would say 3k is far to much for it.

agree with you but i put it at 3k as there is room to move on it, as i said id take 2600 for it, its worth that imo as even though its a ten year old car, they are very well built and it shows, as it drives very well, you put a comparison 10 year old car and it be fit for the knackers yard,

An evo 6 is 11 years old and they fetch good money still and they must have cost about what the TQS did new. 26k or something so it just depends what sort of people are in the market for the paticular type of car. 2k for an average TQS to 3k for a decent one i would say but 3k for a pre facelift FWD 2.4 is high.

Lets not compare evo's prices to TQS. Completely different cars.
I've been looking at 2.8Q and 1.8TQS for last few months now.
2.8Q in very good shape you can get for less than 2.5k. And I'm talking about facelift
ones with full leather interior etc.
1.8TQS you can get for 2.2k - 3.0k in very good shape. Although I've seen one for 4.5k.
All prices over 3k are ridiculous imho. You can get S4 for that money.
This guy is looking at 1.5k and only if he will be lucky enough.