Fuse/relay guide

voteforpedro

Reaction score
Anybody got a link to a fusebox guide? Or know which fuse is for the rear window demister switch?

I checked the fuse (#26, 30amps) and it's fine. But I think I found the problem.

I removed the switch and it looks like the connector in the recess is fairly loose. When I push the switch back in, it seems unlikely that the pins will line up. I think the rear of the switch is just pushing the connector back.

Are they supposed to be loose or fixed in place? If loose, how do I make sure the switch connects correctly without ripping the dash apart?

I have an issue with my rear window demister / heater. Anyone able to add more information to this?
I've checked the fuse in dash but know there is another set and a relay or something next to the battery under the hood, how do I check that?

Pop out the other switches in the centre console and the flap down cubby bit and get your fingers in behind. Or just remove the stereo if you’ve got the pins. Much easier that way, disconnect all the switches and you’ll get a lot more play on that loom, enough to pull it out and sort out the connector/pins.

What I would check for the heated rear window first is. Get a multi-meter and check you’ve got power to the terminals of the heated rear screen. Normally behind the tailgate pillar side trims. If not check fuse and relay and wiring and switch etc. If you’ve got power. Check the paths of each of the wee electric strips on the rear glass. Could be a break in one or two. You can get special paint Called “Granville- electro-connector” to repair it