Bodyshop costs

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas how much it'd cost me to have the front of the car painted?

ie wings, bonnet and bumper?

Its a solid color, non metallic, if that makes any difference.

Cheers

i had my old A4 painted after a bump, wings bumper and bonnet nd half the doors to fade into the new paint of the wings. £400 it cost me. f you know anone who sprays and he a mate of yours im sure you can get it cheaper.

Last edited:
Anyone got any ideas how much it'd cost me to have the front of the car painted?

ie wings, bonnet and bumper?

Its a solid color, non metallic, if that makes any difference.

Cheers

Wont make a difference in price for colour as everything is done in base and clear (base coat then lacqured) rather than two quick coats of solid colour. What's the reason for paintwork?.....stone chips?

Its just a bit of a mess. Bonnet has been painted previously, and some of the chips are showing the green paint of the car it presumably came from. Drivers wing i replaced, and made an **** of the color codes, so its a completely different color (Ming Blue metallic instead of Velvet Blue that the rest of the car is in), Passenger wing has a bit of laquer peeling, and the bumper is scraped and gouged to hell, and if replacing it i'd probably try to upgrade to facelift, meaning getting a matching color would be unlikely.

I suspect that the actual cost would be waay outside what i can afford, but i thaught i'd ask anyway.

£400, can someone tell me if that is resonable as i guy up the road from me doe it so didnt get any other quotes

i got both bumpers done for £200.00 AND SPOILERS shop about

I'd charge £500 for what you'd need doing. If you had a new or good condition front bumper then the price would drop as trying to sort out a stone chipped and scuffed bumper takes a bit of time and is a pain in the behind to be honest. The rest of the job would be pretty straight forward, just alot of prep work and materials required

£400 is a good price twiggy depending on what you had done!!

I got front bumper,skirts,door trims and spoiler done by my mate. Cost £130 i think just for paint etc.

Ye thaught as much, £500 just isnt worth it. I'll just need to keep my eyes out for a Velvet Blue car being broken, or go really crazy and buy a compressor :p

I would expect to pay £3-400 for that. I'm contemplating getting my bonnet, front bumper and back bumper sorted and I'm budgeting for around that much...

The place I use in York (York Auto bodyshop...... really good, can't fault any of his work) Charged me £100 a panel cash, when I needed a few bits doing on my old 2.8q