Instrument Problems

fireblade

Reaction score
Hi
Could anyone help me with a problem with the dash on my 99 pre facelift S4?.
The fuel gauge is acting like a rev counter, moving up and down with the revs causing the "miles left per tank" reading on the display panel to do the same. Also the speedo is not working and the milage is not clocking on the display. The same problem occured a few months ago but fixed itself after I switched the ignition off and restarted it, this hasn't worked this time.
Does anyone know if there is a common sender for both the fuel gauge and speedo which could be faulty, or in the worst case the rough price of a new dash.
Cheers for any help
Jim

Cheers!
The speedo etc is now working again for now but i'll have to try and sort it out.
The speedo seems to go off first, like a bad connection then when completaly dead the fuel gauge goes mental.
Would the fuel sensor affect the speedo aswell as the fuel gauge, the car seems to be running fine otherwise.
Would this show up on a VAG.COM.
Thanks again
Jim

so both your speedo and fuel are on the fritz? if so, sounds like something in the cluster

That was my first thought, hope its a connection and not the cluster, its still working fine for now
Cheers
Jim