Recommend me a Car cover...

Drizz

Project Plush
Reaction score
Im after a good car cover for my Avant. Its for when its in the garage just to stop dust falling on the roof. Can you recommend an full cover that wont scratch?

Hello Drizz. I bought two from these guys a few years back when I was in the Army and was away two thirds of the time! I got a Sahara cover and a stormforce cover. Last forever (had mineover 6 years now) and they are very kind to the paintwork. Not bad prices either....Heres the link.....

http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/

I could be wrong, but wasn't there a post sometime back suggesting car covers promoted paint damage from scratches and condensation?

...CarPlan do a cheaper option, £5.99, its advertised in the eurocarparts brochure, www.eurocarparts.com, hope thats of use

The carplan cover will (i used to have one i know) rape your paintwork and molest all your nice shiny plastic trim. In your hands it actually feels like 1000 grit sandpaper. Thats why there 6 quid. Yeah its true car covers can ruin your paintwork, but only the cheap ones. The good ones are breathable (similar to gortex) and let all moisture out whilst not letting anything in. A bit like a nightclub security....