GFB FX BOV is it any good????

audia4t99

Reaction score
<font color="blue"> I was woundering if anybody out there has the new GFB FX bov on there car.I have the regular GRB Hybrid BOV,but i am not getting the sound that i am looking for with that one.The new Fx is supposed to be able to give u that wsssshh sound but also devert enough air back into the air intake to not mess up the air/fuel ratio.So if any body out there has that one installed let me know how it sounds,before i go and invest 270 bucks on one.I just really want the Sound for when i change gears at hard acceleration.
thnaks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif </font>

Hey i have got one it is pretty loud not massively though it is quite a strange sound. Not like a subaru or that. It takes quite a long time to adjust right because it is in an strange place.

I asked Brett Turner the same question, he designed the GFB range and here is what he said :-

Quote from Brett Turner,

""Both the Hybrid and the Stealth FX are the most suitable valves, since they
recirculate a portion of air. The Stealth simply allows you to vary the
noise like a volume control, although it is usually best to keep it to 50/50
or less. In this condition, it will sound exactly the same as the Hybrid.
The Hybrid now comes with a plug kit, to allow you to run it as 100% recirc,
50/50, or 100% atmosphere, so it still can be adjusted, but not to the same
degree as the Stealth FX. If you are just after maximum noise, the Hybrid
will do the job just fine.

Make sure that you order it with 25mm hose adaptors, and when installing, it
must be fitted in the reverse direction to the factory diverter.""

The reason for only letting the FX run at 50% is because of the MAF sensor issues with VAG engines as you already stated !

Stick with the Hybrid mate, i am trying one on my car this saturday so i can compare the Hybrids noise to the Baily EVO 26 which i have on at the moment.I will let you know the outcome for volume differences.

Lee.

I have a stealth and you can get really good sound without going to full atmosphere however i dont think its worth the money i would wait and see what upgrades come with the hybrid if any. Also the more upgrades you do on your car the louder any valve will get!

Thanks for the replies.Yeh i have got it chipped and the j75 valve but there is just no sound at all at the hardest exceleration there is little but it is more like a fluttering sound than that of a wussshhh sounds.But maybe that is just the way it is supposed to be.Anybody now where to get a good cat back from thats not crazy in price..I really like the greddy set up and it sounds nice. thanks

check the valve out maybe something's wrong with it or there is a leak in the vacume line to it. As far as catbacks check out techtonics tuning

ok i will try that and see if there is a leak.I am pretty sure that there was not one when i put it on.Thanks again