2.8 oil leak

Audidave

Reaction score
hi
my 2.8 seems to be collecting oil around the spark plug under the oil filler hole, it is then running down onto the exhaust manifold and smells terrible. any one know if there is a breather i can replace or sould i replace the rocker cover gasket on that side and see if that helps?
thanks!

Hi
after searching the net i think it may be caused my the suction jet pump, which regulates crank case presure any one else replace this item? if so did it help in oil leaking on v6 engines?

Hello mate. I had the same problem when I bought my 2.8.... The oil collecting in the plug hole underneath the filler was from a knackered seal on the oil filler cap! Cleaned the oil out, and got a new filler cap with seal from Audi for about 15 squid. The oil burning off onto the manifold was from a knackered nearside cam cover gasket. Once again about new one from Audi, steam cleaned engine to ****** off all the oil deposits and changed the plug that was soaked in oil just for peace of mind....
Check your filler cap, seems to good to be true but thats what I thought. If its still ******* oil change the cam cover gaskets too.

- Ollie

start with a new oil fillter cap. only a few quid

thanks did inspect oil seal on filler cap looks ok, but will order one in the morning easiest job first!:icon_thumright:

When you order it make sure you get the seal the cap sits on too(the one that sits on the cam cover). Audi told me they are two seperate parts, but the guy was kind enough to chuck it in for me.