Electrical question

gaz71

1.8T Quattro Sport AJL
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to run some subtle red LEDs in the footwells to set off the red fascia glow and also connect a boost gauge so that it lights up when the ignition is on.

Can anyone tell me where to locate the 12V supply for the fascia lighting near to the footwells and a 12V supply near to the steering column? The whereabouts of a ground wire would probably be useful as well.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Gareth

you got lighting in the footwells already havent you ? just swap for leds just hook an ignition feed to them from the x75 terminal on the buzz bar under the drivers side panel under the steering wheel. Its marked x75 and think its the far left terminal . This way they will come on when doors unlocked then again when ignition is on . Just check its not a negative earth not one hundred percent about that but a multi meter will find that out for you .
Another way would be to hook upto the lighting feed at the back of the stereo which will bring them on when your lights are on which would make sense.

Thanks for that, that's got the boost gauge lit up lovely.

Will probably look for the supply for the centre console lighting as what I want is for the footwells to be illuminated when the center console is lit up, when the light are on.

Will post pics when sorted :)