Badger5AH Fabrications
    Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status

Coilover fitting guide?

next week i shall be picking up my eibach pro street coilys, due to e having some bad news about maybe being made redundant in 4-5 weeks time i cant afford to get them fitted for me as i cant afford to i was wondering how hard/easy it is to fit coilys to the S4. is there a fitting guide through on here? has anyone encountered any problems when fitting their own coilovers?

cantwait to see wot she looks like with them on with the CH's

any pics of your cars on eibach with CH's would give me an inclination

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rookie

Status
    Sorry to hear about your job butty maybe you will be ok . Ive not had much to do with coilovers yet im getting a set in the next month or two but if you need a hand i have a load of tools and two trolly jacks just let me know il pm you my mob number
    If you give a mouse a cookie......

He's gonna want a glass of milk....

vorsprung durch technik

Status
    Grant, i can assist you fit em once you get them ok mate, sorry to hear about the job dude,Summat better will come up

whoops Mark on Stacies lappy,lol
    Follow us on Facebook-Stacey-Byzan Photography-

Rookie

Status
    Grant sorry to jump your thread butty but mark have you ever done a head gasket on a 1.8t before if so do you fancy doing mine for me if i give you a hand and some cash but i have to warn you i am like manwell from faulty towers ( I KNOW NOTHING ) LOL i just cant afford a garage and its on 170 summing thousand miles and im trying to get her sort of tidy for aitp ( dont want to let asn down with my shed ) if not no probs Cheers,

Gareth Evans,,,, ASN,,,, live from my bedroom hahahahaha
    Last edited by tazzy baby; 29th January 2010 at 21:16.
    If you give a mouse a cookie......

He's gonna want a glass of milk....

vorsprung durch technik

4th Gear

Status
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Princess View Post
    Grant, i can assist you fit em once you get them ok mate, sorry to hear about the job dude,Summat better will come up

whoops Mark on Stacies lappy,lol
    cheers stace, job not for definate yet so im hoping things turn round quick

Status
    picked my coilys up today from phil(PWmotorsport) looking forward to fitting them tomorro, i wish i werent skint so someone else could take the hassle from me lol no matter though, its how we learn huh

Status
    right guys i got started this morning at half 9 putting these coilys on. i went down the route of taking the pinch bolt out and taking the unit out as a whole which turned out to be pretty easy which was good, the pinch bolt needed a bit of heat as i thought but once treated to the flame it came out nice enough. the fronts were quite easy but somehow the most time consuming(45 mins each side) once the unit was off the fun started with the spring compressors but each shock took about 20 mins to take off and eibach put on, then assembled on. the backs were a piece of cake. 15 mins off and 15 ins on each side minus a massive gash on my old mans arm ue to him pullin the rear shock from the arch and catcing his arm on the sharp plate which sits behind the rear brake disk. anyway all on in 5 and a half hours and a job well done. wot a massive diffrence as soon as i done the fronts. check out the pics with the front compared to the rear lol the car now looks the part. all i need now is to upper arms due to me splitting the rubbers but thats a quick job due to me changing the bolt around on the arms so when i need to take them off ill not have an issue with the bolt hitting the arch. i also need a wheel bearing but phil at PW can sort that for me when he services the car for me.
    just a few pics for you, sorry for poor quality as my wrists were killing me from cracking the rear bolts off the rear suspension housing.
    old and new

first one going in

Status

front lowered, check out the difference fom the font and back

do KW make everything lol

just after being lowered and a run around town, needs a little tweaking though
    appologies for this pic, first fag of the day so head rush ensued
    Last edited by S4twiggy; 7th February 2010 at 20:22.