Coilover fitting guide?

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
next week i shall be picking up my eibach pro street coilys, due to e having some bad news about maybe being made redundant in 4-5 weeks time i cant afford to get them fitted for me as i cant afford to i was wondering how hard/easy it is to fit coilys to the S4. is there a fitting guide through on here? has anyone encountered any problems when fitting their own coilovers?

cantwait to see wot she looks like with them on with the CH's

any pics of your cars on eibach with CH's would give me an inclination

Sorry to hear about your job butty maybe you will be ok . Ive not had much to do with coilovers yet im getting a set in the next month or two but if you need a hand i have a load of tools and two trolly jacks just let me know il pm you my mob number

Grant sorry to jump your thread butty but mark have you ever done a head gasket on a 1.8t before if so do you fancy doing mine for me if i give you a hand and some cash but i have to warn you i am like manwell from faulty towers ( I KNOW NOTHING ) LOL i just cant afford a garage and its on 170 summing thousand miles and im trying to get her sort of tidy for aitp ( dont want to let asn down with my shed ) if not no probs Cheers,

Gareth Evans,,,, ASN,,,, live from my bedroom hahahahaha

Last edited:
Grant, i can assist you fit em once you get them ok mate, sorry to hear about the job dude,Summat better will come up

whoops Mark on Stacies lappy,lol
cheers stace, job not for definate yet so im hoping things turn round quick

picked my coilys up today from phil(PWmotorsport) looking forward to fitting them tomorro, i wish i werent skint so someone else could take the hassle from me lol no matter though, its how we learn huh
eibachcoilys.jpg

right guys i got started this morning at half 9 putting these coilys on. i went down the route of taking the pinch bolt out and taking the unit out as a whole which turned out to be pretty easy which was good, the pinch bolt needed a bit of heat as i thought but once treated to the flame it came out nice enough. the fronts were quite easy but somehow the most time consuming(45 mins each side) once the unit was off the fun started with the spring compressors but each shock took about 20 mins to take off and eibach put on, then assembled on. the backs were a piece of cake. 15 mins off and 15 ins on each side minus a massive gash on my old mans arm ue to him pullin the rear shock from the arch and catcing his arm on the sharp plate which sits behind the rear brake disk. anyway all on in 5 and a half hours and a job well done. wot a massive diffrence as soon as i done the fronts. check out the pics with the front compared to the rear lol the car now looks the part. all i need now is to upper arms due to me splitting the rubbers but thats a quick job due to me changing the bolt around on the arms so when i need to take them off ill not have an issue with the bolt hitting the arch. i also need a wheel bearing but phil at PW can sort that for me when he services the car for me.
just a few pics for you, sorry for poor quality as my wrists were killing me from cracking the rear bolts off the rear suspension housing.
old and new
Photo0057.jpg

first one going in
Photo0058.jpg

Photo0061.jpg

front lowered, check out the difference fom the font and back
Photo0062.jpg

Photo0063.jpg

Photo0064.jpg

Photo0065.jpg

Photo0066.jpg

do KW make everything lol