Rear speakers

paan71

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post and i'm from Greece.
I'm going to buy (not to say i've already bought) an B5 8D2 1.6 (f/l mod 2000) from a friend.
I want to change the sound system:
He had installed a kenwood cd player with cdc, and i bought from ebay (yes i bought it without thinking this may not fit) an Audi Concert II part# 4B0 035 186H.
My first question is if it fits and work properly to my to be car.
The second is that the modell is called "Berlin" but there are no rear speakers; i cannot find where can i install them without making holes on the back dash...
Can anyone helpe me with these tow cases?
Thanks in advance and sorry if you have already answered these questions but you know search is not possible at this time

If its saloon then 6.5inch with adaptors will fit under the speaker grills in the rear shelf , you need to pop up the shelf to change them. Concert 2 has a new style multi block iso plug for the amp part of the system , im sure you could modify it some how as when ive fitted after market systems i have modified the adaptors to work on both old and new systems symphony and concerts. However i have seen funny goings on on that year so might be plug and play if not.

If you have no rear speakers then you will also be missing the rear amp, and no Audi HU's have rear speaker outputs so you'd also need to install a small amp & associated wiring to power the rears as there won't be any wiring, power or pre-outs running from the HU to the boot.
A Concert II will also be CANBUS controlled so you'd need a CANBUS emulator in order for it to stay on for more than an hour. I would sell the HU and stick with aftermarket, far better quality and features and a lot less expense on adapters, amps etc. If you want to retain the stock look then go for a Becker GP:
http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/GP7992_becker-grand-prix-7992-cdmp3wma-tuner.html