Looking for an A4 (B5)

I

imported_A4wanted

Great board with tons of information, glad I found this place. Last night I read all threads here pertaining to "I want to buy an A4" and still have a couple questions.

1) Are the 95 models the same as other manufactuers 1st years, where there are lots of problems and breakage?

2) How peppy are the 1.8T w/5speed?

3) Can I get a Quattro 1.8T w/5 speed

Thanks for the help guys...

1) iono.
2) 150 horse power, 155 torque, 0-60 in about 8 seconds with nice pickup in 2nd gear
3) yes.

not sure wher your located, but here in the states, 96-00 have 150hp and the 2001 have 170hp(and those are the same for quattro and FWD)

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I'll end up with 150hp. With simple bolt-ons Intake/Header/Exhaust...
(possible a chip) where will that put me in HPs?

don't bother about the intake, unless you are going to get a VERY GOOD head shield. Don't know about the heads for the 1.8T that are avilable. And for exhaust a lot of people go go with custom, but you can check out www.goapr.com, or www.lltek.com or www.awe-tuning.com for some exhausts. Unless you chip, you will only see like 10-20hp. The chip is your best bang for your buck. 30-50hp increase

If you all dont mind if I chime in....I have a question.
Does a 1996-1998 1.8T Quattro 5-speed have only 150hp or 180hp? I am looking to buy one also. I heard someone say that one model year had 180hp. Thanks and sorry for the newbie question

no turbo difference, from what i know (or at least think i know) all the A4's have the K03 turbo the difference in HP is due to differnt programs in the ECU