Tuning my TDI

Wayner87

Reaction score
After getting rid of my 2.8 V6 30V and buying a 1.9 TDI, its quite a drop down in ranks with terms of power but needed to be done as I'm doing alot more miles now for work.

I'm looking at tuning my Audi A4 B5 1.9TDI AFN 110 with a remap/chip, I have been looking around and come across this company (http://www.more-bhp.com/), Anyone had any experiences with them? They seem really cheap? Or can anyone recommend me companys with no problem and value for money?

Kind Regards,
Wayne

I haven't heard of them, and I've been looking into a fair few for mine. Have a look at the tuning section, as tere is a poll on chips etc. Would you recommend that you do this on the 2.5 too? Sorry to ask on this thread Wayner87

Basic tuning options: nozzles, turbo and remapping and you have 200hp.
Easyer way to add little more power is with Evry-mod with 3bar map, you can get about 15-20hp. And costs less than 80euros. :)

Basic tuning options: nozzles, turbo and remapping and you have 200hp.
Easyer way to add little more power is with Evry-mod with 3bar map, you can get about 15-20hp. And costs less than 80euros. :)

Thanks for the reply guys but with the age and mileage of my car would it effect the engine/turbo in anyway if I was to tune it? I'm only saying this because I had a MKIV GOLF 1.9TDI and remapped that to 150bhp by revo and serveral weeks later the turbo went and then the engine went, it might have been just unlucky really.

Well the turbo will be working harder as will the engine.

If theres a weakness, it could be enough to advance it rapidly.

Well the turbo will be working harder as will the engine.

If theres a weakness, it could be enough to advance it rapidly.

And I guess it would depend if I nailed it all the time, but for the car of the age and mileage would it be ideal to tune or leave it, save up and get same car but lower miles? Or just remap it and leave it at that? How much more strain will it put on the engine and turbo with just a remap? Because at the moment I find it sluggish doing 30mph in 5th gear and I hope the remap would cure that?

with regards to first post ive used more-bhp.com twice now, excellent service i had my old 1.8t and my 1.8tqs done which involved a new chip being soldered on not sure if thats the case on a tdi, i keep meaning to get my 2.5 done but keep finding other things to spend on

with regards to first post ive used more-bhp.com twice now, excellent service i had my old 1.8t and my 1.8tqs done which involved a new chip being soldered on not sure if thats the case on a tdi, i keep meaning to get my 2.5 done but keep finding other things to spend on

Thanks mate for that.