Computer display problem.

low610

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Evening all,

I've got an A4 sport that has a problem with the computer display in the dashboard.

It's had the faded problem when warm for years and i've just lived with it. I did get a quote to replace it but £600 was a little steep and i didn't think it was worth it. I also considered the repair option but didn't want to risk bricking my car.

Anyway, recently the display has gone completely, i've tried turning it on/off with the button on the stalk with no success. The display does work for things such as the boot open or the coolant low but it wont work at all for the miles left in the tank or mpg.

The top section still works as it always has with the OK when the ignition is turned on. Has anyone else got this problem or does anyone have any ideas to resolve.?

Thanks in advance all.
Rob.

£600!!! i assume thats from the stealer.
no idea why the dis had totally disapeared You can get the DIS repaired may be check with them someone recommended a DIS repairer however the search facility is disable on this site for around £180 ish

Mine does EXACTLY the same thing... when the car's cold, it works fine... but when it warms up, the display slowly disappears! Very strange. Very frustrating too.

Sounds like you've turned it off tbh. If its showing the warnings like low fuel and doors open the display is fine.

I know you said you've tried, but hold down the reset button under the stalk for a few seconds and see if it comes back to life?

Its very common on these cars and also in later Audis sadly. You dont need to replace the whole dash - have a look at www.clusterrepairs.co.uk

very reputable, cost around £80 to fully repair and can even do it while you wait apparently.

Call them up, very helpful, very prompt and very professional. (IMHO)

Thanks for the replys all,

Just to clarify, i've had the common fading display problem for years which i've lived with.

It's just completely blank now as if it doesn't work. I've tried holding in the on/off button with no success. I'm considering disconnecting the battery now to do a complete reset. Will i be creating any more potential problems if i do this.?

It's very strange i must admit.