FMIC

jamie226bhp

Reaction score
whats a good but cheap front mount to get as i'm looking to get one and wondered what other people had used and any problems they had with fitment,i.e loosing fog lights poor fitting, quality, etc the car is a 1.8 qts

have you got a website or link, as having trouble finding one, the one's that come up are 449 euros

Last edited:
Hey Jamie,
I have an Autobahn88 kit on my 1.8tqs. Does go on but if you have a standard bumper it does take a bit of cutting and slicing to make it fit. Even then it is tight. I would like to have gotten an S4 one but can't afford. Also the pipe leading from the intercooler to the top was just out of alignment. Took a bit of persuasion and force really to get her in.
Check near the top of page 3 in the pics thread in b5. There is one there of the fmic on bumperless.

http://www.autobahn88.co.uk/audi-a4-passat-18t-b5-front-mount-intercooler-kit-p-74.html

Hope this helps

thanks for that, i'll see if i can get hold of a pipe bender just incase anything needs tweaking

No worries. The guy who was fitting it for me said that using a bender might be dangerous as it is aluminium. I'm no mechanic or anything so couldn't gice an opinion but maybe others in the forum could??

No worries. The guy who was fitting it for me said that using a bender might be dangerous as it is aluminium. I'm no mechanic or anything so couldn't gice an opinion but maybe others in the forum could??

as long as it's a mandrel pipe bender and not altering to much they are normally ok, although it might not need doing