B5 A4 bumper mod

corradlo

....WestsideVW....
Reaction score
Website
www.westsidevw.co.uk
Hi, guys was wondering if anybody can help, i have an 1.8t sport with an s4 style mesh grill and i would like to get matching mesh for the stock a4 bumper, can i buy this from anywhere or will i have to make it!!!

S4 grilles don't have mesh. Do you mean an RS4 style grille?

You can get some cheap black aluminium mesh off eBay, but it's a much smaller mesh than the RS4 style and pretty poor quality. I've fitted it to my S4 bumper to match my RS4 grille but will be replacing it at some point with the 'RS4 style ABS plastic mesh' that sells on eBay. It's very expensive, but I don't trust this cheap eBay aluminium mesh to stop large stones from destroying my intercoolers and radiator.

i would bother TBH, i was thinking of somethng similar, theni got the S4 bumper total transformation IMO

yeah, sorry mean rs4 style grill, i also bought the abs plastic mesh from ebay, it was around £50 but it looks like the grill, the problem i have is that i dont know how to mount the mesh to the bumper....

also mate, its very hard and expensive to get an s4 bumper, form what i have heard, although i havent looked much!!!

Hello mate. I have done exactly the same to my bumper with ABS RS4 plastic. First thing I did was use a glue gun too. Few months later when it got really cold the glue became brittle and the mesh became unsecure. So I had the bumper off, binned the oe framing/surrounds from the 3 holes in the bumper, primed the surfaces on the back of the bumper the ABS mesh was going to sit flush on and secured the mesh with black, quality polyurethane adhesive sealant. The idea being the poly is semi flexible to a degree and has excellent bonding qualities. Solid as a rock now. Fitted a LCR spoiler at the same time to save taking the bumper off at a later date........That aside, whatever your considering bonding it with make sure you do it somewhere thats at least warm room temperature. Adhesives don't set/take ages to set when it ****** freezing. Would post a pic of mine here but since the forum has been upgraded/updated It won't let me upload anything from photobucket or my computer........Good luck buddy.

Last edited:
thanks mate, that sounds perferct......so when i take the bumper of there is enough of a flat area around the bumper openings to silicone the mesh straight to it? would love to see pics! what did you do with the fog lights?

Sorry to revive this thread, but any of you have the pictures of this.

Also, any link of where did you purchased the mesh? Thanks. :thumbsup:

Regula tuning do the rs4 type mesh they selling sum on eBay item number is - 250769264216 around 40 quid !! Hope this helps.

Here is a different angle to consider.... genuine RS4 grill with modded S4 bumper

front-1.jpg