Advice needed please fellas......

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello gents, as title suggests need some advice. I'm afraid they are pretty boring questions, but any help would be A1!

1) I am going to invest in an Rclick remote central locking kit. However I only have one key(thus one transponder) for my car at the moment. The Rclick kit comes with two keys that need cutting. After I cut the blanks, and transfer the transponder(little glass capsule, in my old style key am I right in thinking?) into only one of the new keys, and install whats required in the car, am I going to run into probs because I only have one transponder??

2) Going to be replacing the engine snub mount on my 2.8 in a few days. Can anyone give me a guide for this procedure? Is it a ******* job or pretty straight forward? Where can I get a poly/uprated one in the UK?

3) What kind of sound does a failing fuel pump make? Mine whistles on startup. Never had any problems with these in the past so wouldn't know. Fuel delivery is fine though.

Gents, any help would be ace!

Ollie.

Last edited:
1) It basically means you cant start the car with the second key. Both keys will unlock it just fine. Have you checked your central locking pump part number? if its a late model car you might simply need to get two audi remotes and code them in? If you do go rclick, and want the second key to work, then you'll need to find a spare key from a breakers or whatever and code its transponder to your car.

2) You need to put the front end into service mode. Theres a thread kicking around that describes the process, but it tells you to completely remove it. instead of doing that, you replace two of the bolts with some threaded rod, and simply slide the panel forwards a bit, leaving all the pipes and hoses attached. I got my poly one from Awesome GTI for about 30quid.

3) not sure on that, when they're worn they tend to make a whiney buzz, but usually make it constantly, they can also usually go on for months/years when making that noise.

i had right click key fob but gave up on it, i cut the transponder out of my spare key and it never worked inside the right click remote but it worked when i put it back into the proper Audi key, also after about 20-30 times of turning the ignition on and off i noticed the right click key fob getting loose and not really holding together to well, i just got a normal right click fob it has worked fine for about a year now and i know if i would of got the right click key fob to work that it would of fell apart a long time ago

Ye they arent the sturdiest of things, but ours has lasted a year so far, and the only damage has been caused by Dawn forcing it closed without pressing the button!

Gents, thanks, your awesome! So if I transfer the transponder to the rclick fob it won't work(Gruf)? My pump is the old type that isn't remote compatible. Crossed that bridge a while back. So would you guys reccomend the rclick kit or is it a piece of sh*t? All I would like is central locking with minimal hassle etc. Hate it when things get difficult when you shouldn't be!(like everyone else then!lol!). I can live quite happily with ha
ving just one key, as long as it starts the car with the transponder swapped in. Once again I am doubtfull now after gruff informed me swapping them over dosn't work.....

Replaced my pump today for peace of mind. Humming now gone!

Will look for that thread on service mode now.