What Alarm is it Audi uses???

bad-vw-boy

Reaction score
Hi all, looking at an S4 but my ins company wont give me a quote unless i tell them what alarm is in it, having spoken to the dealer he says its a standard audi one, but does not know more than that. can anyone shed any light on this as i need to know make and model, TBH anything close would be good so i can get a quote.

cheers as always

Its exactly that, a factory fitted alarm, made by Audi. Its integrated into the central locking system, and the immobiliser is integrated into the engine management system.

Its not an aftermarket unit and doesnt have a make or model.

If your insurance company wont accept that, then go elsewhere, as they're clearly a bunch of muppets.

Any suggestions for a good ins company, i have my other 2 cars with elephant and at present my cabrio with DNA who are the muppets asking for exact alarm details.

Our A4 and Craigs S4 are with Bell, who seem decent and gave a good price.

Their "Flexibell" option also is quite useful in that you can specify features such as "Drive any car" and various levels of windscreen and legal protection.

Also Bell are part of the Admiral group, who also own Elephant, so you should have a reasonable idea what their service is like.

Bell are part of the Admiral group and are therefore a bunch of clueless fucktards, personally I wouldn't give those morons the crust from a used tissue never mind my hard earned. They don't offer like for like replacement for modded parts and in the event of a claim are worse than useless.

Admiral, Bell, Elephant, Diamond all the same and all to be given equally as wide a birth. Rant over but they are a sore point with me.

Sky are very worth a shout, I would have gone with them this year myself but HIC matched the quote that Sky provided.

TBH a lot of insurers wont do like for like on the mods, and our car isnt modified anyway.

Craigs motor has some wheels, but again not really a pile of mods.

Personally, we went with them because dawns only 23 and they were the only company to provide the "drive any car" cover with the policy on a driver that young, and for us that feature is pretty useful, and the price was pretty reasonable, and only really beaten by the likes of Tesco.

Craig recently had a claim for damage to his S4, albeit caused by a third party who admitted liability, Bell put him onto a lawyer type folks who sorted the car out, provided a courtesy car and everything went pretty smoothly.

Sky do like for like for modified parts as do HIC and Chris Knott.

I have dealt with claims with Elephant and Diamond and both were a total mare to get anywhere despite both incidents been the fault of a third party.

Now I've had my fingers burned by them (and heard numerous other horror stories of them through the scene) I wouldn't let them insure my toaster never mind my car. Cheap cover doesn't equal good cover.