A couple of annoying things.......

nemo2182

Reaction score
Firstly, What is the annoying tapping coming from the dash of my B5 S4. It has got worse since the lowering, cos of the stiff ride. Someone I know said that its something to do with some clips on the windscreen that hit part of the chassis, and newer models have a velour on to stop the problem???Has anyone experienced the same issue and come up with a cheap fix, as I have had a steep estimate to put it right.

Secondly, In this sh*tty snow, my bumper has dropped on one side, i.e. the gap between the wing and the bumper. Is there a way of adjusting this??Any diagrams would be a help.

Many thanks

Nathan

My rattle is coming from the inner steering joints, it sounds like something small tapping around in there etc

You need to remove the bumper to adjust it as the side mounts are on slight slots. You need to slacken the screws and slide the bracket up.

Might be worth removing the bracket alltogether and tapping the mounting points inwards also with a softfaced hammer or a normal hammer and a piece of wood as the thin metal stretches slightly around the plastic plugs