My suspension sits lower in the back than the front

9 below zero

Reaction score
Why?

I've just had it lowered 40mm all around and i can just about get my finger inbetween the arch and rear wheel but on the front i can fit my whole fist in. (oooh, sailor)

Now the garage told me it will settle but these have been fitted to a car for 100 miles before mine so i dont think they will.

On the front suspension he put the spring with the touching coils at the top, is this correct?

I've just taken a pic of it now but it's snowing and dark so it's not so clear, but i'll try uploading it...

i have also got this 'problem' and trust me it doesnt settle. the spring i have are apexi, good set massive difference, would 'sport' top mounts solve the issue or are they the same size as oem??
another words i should have spent on full adjustables i know

Not sure why this happens but it seems common on SE cars.

When i lowered my SE on Eibach springs it was the same, i ended up removing the rubber/alloy insulator from the bottom.It sits between the spring and the shock sring cup. That made a huge difference, but it was still too high for me so i pikey'd it and removed the end off the spring with a grinder. She was a nice stance then.

I did however migrate to coolies afterwards for adjustability sakes.