For those of you from the U.S.A, I recently had a great series of discussions / e-mails with Audi's "Product Support Engineering" office in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
Very helpful and "Super Hero" fast in providing the following "Official Audi Numbers" as well as clarification on some of the info currently posted on various Audi sites:
B5/S4 Avants - US Market Only: (MY = Model Year. CY = Calender Year)
- 1999MY: No '99MY Imported / Sold in the U.S.A.
- 2000MY: No '00MY Imported / Sold in the U.S.A.
- 2001MY: 1,257 Total Imported / Sold in the U.S.A. (Automatics: 404 Units. 6-Spd Manuals: 853 Units.)
- 2002MY: 283 Total Imported / Sold in the U.S.A. (Automatics: 188 Units. 6-Spd Manuals: 283 Units.)
- 2003MY: No '03MY S4 Avants Imorted / Sold i the U.S.A.
Notes / Misc Points:
- Total of 1,540 B5/S4 Avants were imported to / sold in the U.S.A.
- Automatics: 592 Total Units. 6-Speed Manuals: 948 Total Units.
- Audi did sell some B5/S4 Avants in 2000CY, but they were early '01MY models.
- Audi is not able to differentiate between 2001MY and 2001.5 MY S4 Avants in their U.S. Market Import / Sales records. (...Damn!!)
- Audi did not produce a 2003MY B5/S4 Avant. However, there were a few "left-over" 2002MY units sold in 2003CY.
Hopefully this refresh helps the "1,540 US-Market B5/S4 Avant Audi owners" out there.
Let me know if you have any questions.
I'm posting this on several B5/S4-realted sites to share this info. All the best....