What to get next

Markey

Reaction score
I am after all your advice please as you can see from my sig below i have a KO4 and AMD remap Forge DV, and Full Stainless zorst i am craving more power still and want to know what else to fit.

I was thinking along the lines of a new maniflod but i have been told that the Audi one is pretty good anyway so there is not much need to replace it.

I also dont really want to open the engine up either for cams etc...
Any ideas that could make a noticable difference.
Thanks for your help..

Those brakes are the daddies i have seen them and so want a set they are on my list for definate....

ill be going from 60-0 in record time..

What about getting one of those water-injection things that cools the charge along with your intercooler?

Im glad that i posted as i did not think of any of this...
I know that there is an aquamist system that you can get in the highly modded RS6s with 660bhp, maybe that is another idea...

Wise words Rich. The IHI's roller-bearing right? Probably the best type of turbo to get to avoid lag. Slightest whiff of exhaust fumes and the baby starts spinning! Peak torque from 4000 up 7000??? All I can say is WOW. I somehow feel a bit inadequate lusting over a simple remap! But I bet that's where you started Rich!

I think that Tim Stiles (who is no longer with TSR, incidentally) do rebores to 2 litre for the 1.8T. High profile cams and custom-made big valves would also come into the equation, and you'd gain some nice mid-range as well as more revs to play with. BIG money, but a break from the norm maybe?

Drew.

[ QUOTE ]
Drew 2226 said:
Wise words Rich. The IHI's roller-bearing right? Probably the best type of turbo to get to avoid lag. Slightest whiff of exhaust fumes and the baby starts spinning!

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct..IHI is roller bearing turbo.

[ QUOTE ]
Peak torque from 4000 up 7000??? All I can say is WOW. I somehow feel a bit inadequate lusting over a simple remap! But I bet that's where you started Rich!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep it certainly is wow, and yes i did start out with a simple remap... Still makes the world of difference!

[ QUOTE ]

I think that Tim Stiles (who is no longer with TSR, incidentally) do rebores to 2 litre for the 1.8T. High profile cams and custom-made big valves would also come into the equation, and you'd gain some nice mid-range as well as more revs to play with. BIG money, but a break from the norm maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Already looking for sources for uprated internals... Will use JE forged 8.9:1 pistons, S3 (or other) con rods, S3 crank (need to do my research and see if its any different to the one i have at the moment). Give me a year or so before i start on the next phase.

Rich

Markey,

I was looking around the other day and came accross this site http://ecodetuning.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=345. It sells a few mods including a light weight flywheel($500). The claims are 10-20 hp and you wouldnt have to open up the engine. I havent got a clue whether the claim of 10-20 hp is realistic or whether changing to a light weight flywheel is a worth while mod to do but could be another option for you. I am tempted in this mod myself but would realy like to hear of anyone else that has tried something similar so any comments would be appreciated.

Also neuspeed do a power pully ($170) which claim to reduce parasitic drag on the engine and increase the power to the wheels by 5-7 hp. Again I am tempted to do this mod myself and would appreciate any comments by anyone else that has tried this or something similar.

The one reason that these type of mods sound quite appealing to me is that they are potentially taking unwanted loading of the engine hense giving more power, but would also make the engine rev faster to give power earlier with I assume a smoother feel. These products maybe a complete waste of money or may turn out to be a very worth while upgrade so I am hoping that someone else tries them first before I spend my hard earned.

just checked out that ally fly wheel, looks and reads very well, i wonder how long it would take to fit, and how much of a hassle??

I have looked at that flywheel sounds very impressive, that is defo going onto my list i will have to see how soon i can get hold of one..
Just need to find out how difficult it is to fit. Anyone got any ideas.