Crap start to the new year!

jcb

Reaction score
Went out this morning to clear the snow of my car and some tw@t has slid into the side of my car and driven off over night!
Both doors, rear wing, sill trim and the rear wheel! The same rear wheel I managed to kerb and bend something.
Must have been a unusual vehicle as the crash damage is covered in mud (it snowed last night) and the rear quarter rear door join is damaged above the height of the rear wheel. It is also damaged as low down as the bottom of the door sill.

Its not heavy damage but enough to require work on all panels except the front wing.
This car is beginning to be a very unlucky omen!

w@nkers!

that Unit20 S4 shell that is for sale is beginning to look better every day!!

Hope you find out who did it , could it of been a council spreader thing ?

Highly unlikely I will find those responsible. Have to go in to the police station in person to present my paperwork to report it. I find that annoying in itself!.

I have a recycling station opposite and down the road, lots of vans, trucks, bin lorries etc. Road hasn't been gritted or ploughed so I doubt it was one of those.
Had to have happened before it snowed last night (not sure when that was).
I suspect it is more likely to be some kind of footballers wives vehicle (X5, 4wd Merc etc) we have loads round here and they are driven by idiots!

what a load of misery... im glad my toys are parked off the road.

theyll need to jump a bus stop, bollards and a 2ft concrete wall to get to mine!

jcb - Oh no.. sorry to hear about that. Some people just have no morals! I find it amazing the amount of times you hear about things like this happening. I can honestly say I would never do that to somebody else's car and then just drive away!

I hope you get it sorted without too much trouble anyway mate.

sorry to hear about this jcb

I say go for the widebody avant shell and stick the a4 running gear in then break your car for spares. You would have yourself a very cheap widebody avant then and its in the best colour.

Thats sucks JCB, spoke to any of the neighbours yet, to see if anyone saw anything?

I know. gutted
haven't spoken to neighbours yet, not holding out much hope, think it was very late last night when it happened. planning on sticking a few notes through doors.
it happened before it snowed I think which doesn't help with my new theory that it could have been one of the goods vehicles going to the recycling and delivery entrance down the road.

To top things off the plod got right up my chuff today.
couldn't report it over the phone, yet when I went to the station they didn't take any information I couldn't have given over the phone! wasted journey to speak to a retarded "officer". Didn't know his **** from his elbow!Anyone else noticed that an awful lot of the police you speak to either on the phone or in the stations are not actual "Police Officers". They are "Police Staff". happened to me twice in as many months.

seriously considered that S4 shell at Unit 20
too many things against it!
if I had £3k spare my wife would have spent it
I would have to swap over pretty much all the running gear, uprights, wishbones, front arms, brakes, hoses and bushes from my car, the engine loom, the new block, the steering wheel, find an S4 box and still have to pull the rear subframe to fit the uprated bushes I have in a box.
Oh and the Quaife ATB I have only fits 1.8t rear diffs
Oh and I don't have either the time or space to do it. Garage is chock full !
I am seeing if one of my neighbours is willing to let me rent their garage for a couple of weeks as it is!

and the biggest one of all is it is canary yellow!! come on,

Nothing wrong with yellow. I never have any trouble finding my car.

**** thats a shame jcb, somebody in a 4x4 thinkin there invincible! either that or some heap they dont care about!
hope you get somewhere we it!
mines no leavin the garage anytime soon at this rate....

ring them, 0151 336 6888 07977 426 423

ha! It just gets ****** better!!
had some problem with punctures last year (not sure if it was unbelievable bad luck or some scrote putting screws under the tyres)
Both back tyres had identical screws in them resulting in one repair and one more expensive vulcanised repair to my nice new F1 GSD3's.
found another one in the front this moring but the sidewall is damaged so it is scrap!!.
Anyone want to buy three nearly new and repaired Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's!!

this car is cursed, either that or I seriously need to move to a different area!

i had a set of yokohamas a few years ago and i swear they were magnetic.... so many screws and nails stuck in those (i dont think id upset anyone..)

well I hvae 30 students living above me who know me by name!
there have been enough complaints about 3/4am disturbances that I may as well be magnetic as well.

Ed you never said your car had been hit, dam.

Things are getting shitier by the day but look at it this way, one of the Mods (OverSpun) on the Zine just got told he's got cancer and he's only a kid poor bloke.

I know what probs I would have out of the two not that helps any.

yes, agreed,
what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
****** off but stronger!

bring on the suspension bits and new tyres, I have some snowed covered peaks to conquer!!

spent an hour this morning trying to work out how I am going to plumb intake and intercooler hoses in the front quarter, very tight.
have gone for a top mount mani which frees up some space but I still have to fit a 3-4" joiner, 4" MAF and a filter in there, and that is before I get to intercooler pipes which also have to go outside the frame rail!!

still as you say, could be worse!

right subframe and rear suspension arrived, work begins tomorrow!
first - 034 subfrme bushes to fit to new frame
2nd, pull subframe - fit new one, remove and refit coilovers, remove powerflex bushes fit to new wishbones, pull diff seals/replace with new ones after fitting Quaife ATB. refit rear diff.

should be done by lunchtime!!

anyone got a spare garage I can borrow mine is full of crap!