New vagcom code on car

SonicDeathmonkey

Reaction score
I can see from the description what the problem is but is there a simple solution?

VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N

Control Module Part Number: 8D0 907 551 C
Component and/or Version: 2.7l V6/5VT 0002
Software Coding: 05611
Work Shop Code: WSC 00482
1 Fault Found:
17950 - Angle Sensor 1 for Throttle Actuator (G187): Implausible Signal
P1542 - 35-00 - -

The throttle pot has two tracks, one starts at 0 and the other at 100, and they move in opposite directions as the throttle opens. At any point they add up to 100. Good olde german redundancy

The tracks get dirty, and start giving spurious readings. The ECU notices and starts ignoring the faulty track, giving that fault code. If you continue to ingore it, eventaully it will drop the other track too, and you'll have no throttle.

You might get away with taking the black cover off and carefully clean up the tracks on the PCB. With craigs, we baught a throttle body on ebay from a 1.6 seat something or other, and swapped the PCB onto the S4 Throttle body. The S4 PCB might have been alright with a clean, but we already had it in bits so just put the Seat PCB on.

As it turns out, I replaced the throttle body about 18 months ago, so I'd be surprised if that was munched! and I do mean throttle body, not boot!

Odd that its appeared so quickly!

I was thinking it might be the pedal sensor, but i think "Throttle Actuator" is the TB itself.