AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

So, I decided to put my new alloy into a kerb

I've gritted the road outside my house for the past three weeks looking like the guy off of Home Alone. But yesterday i put my new audi alloy face on into the kerb circa 20mph. But my pride took the most impact. The better half was sitting beside me and saying "slow down it's icy" i said, "no it's fi..*BANG*

Now theres a slight whurring noise coming from the nearside and my power steering has developed a new clicking noise right hand down. But the car is driving true.

But on the bright side, i've shaved a few grams off the alloy.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I would take a peak underneath. even at 20 mph there is a fair amount of kinetic energy involved to stop a 1500KG car dead,something has to give.

It sounds like maybe you have damaged a cv joint for a noise to be there while driving and under steering.

JCB bent an upright/subframe at only a few MPH iirc

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Arse. Feel for you mate. I bet you got 'I told you to slow down' as well to add insult to injury. I had that with a speed camera - loads of them and she kept telling me when she saw them, so I told her to shut up. She did. I got done by one about a mile down the road as punishment.

And have never lived it down.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Welly, yeah i bet the "i told you so" was a cutting comment too, i can only imagine !

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    Welly, yeah i bet the "i told you so" was a cutting comment too, i can only imagine !
    I considered buying a shovel and a bag of lime I must admit.... Was not amused!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Neutral

Status
    yup, i'll never live it down. In her eyes she is now the superior driver even though she's never put a car in reverse.

I took it to a garage today and before he even looked at it he told me to get two new pinch bolts. Luckily I want it lowered so i might kill two birds with one stone, well three birds if she says "I told you so" again.

Where can i get these hold of these pinch bolts online?