Indicators gone...!

Geeman

Low Life
Reaction score
All of a sudden, my indicators don't work.

They flash just the once, then stop completely... nothing.

My hazards work fine though.

Any thoughts...?

Giles

hazard relay switch.

ive seen a3s do exactly the same

youll prolly have to pull the dash apart, a bit to get to the hzard switch. inside there there are two relays (hazard and indicator)

you can swap them over and i bet the indicators work and hazards dont

if so, you want a new relay. ECP sell the OEM item but far cheaper.

bring the old one in though as the pin pattern can vary IME

£ 30 Hazard switch. Inside it are 2 relays if you fancy soldering/de soldering. For the sake of £30 i wouldnt bother. Facelift ones will pop out of the dash without too much trouble. IIRC the latest revision is a letter above what you have

nah, ive pulled a couple apart and reassembled, the other one i just jumpered to test which relay was dead.

there are loads of lettered versions, it definately wasnt as simple as one letter above etc for the revisions. we had issues with there being different numbers of pins with they just gave us the next letter up

New relay, which will possibly be the same part number and apparently might be completely different despite only the revision number being diferent, or not. Phew covered all bases i think.

Last edited:
All of a sudden, my indicators don't work.

They flash just the once, then stop completely... nothing.

My hazards work fine though.

Any thoughts...?

Giles
Is your facelift or pre-facelift ? On pre-facelift, the hazard switch is quite easy to pull out of the dash, dont know how to pull the facelifted one as i never done one ! If someone knows how to pull the facelift hazard switch, please let me know too...

G has a facelift, its a case of removing the trim at the top of the console( clipped on) and popping the switch out, it is well sprung. It will come out just far enough to release the wiring plug and to allow re fitting.

Hmmm... will go and have a fiddle now.

Thanks guys.

Can't figure out how to get the switch out... Grrrrr!

Still can't figure out how to get the damned thing out... double-Grrrrr!

Its only held in by spring clips on the side G.

Once the top section off the console the whole thing is visable,can you not use a small screwdriver to pry it a bit?

Got the console cover off... but it's proving to be a bit of a bitch. Tried prying it off and damaged something else.

Will wait till the new part arrives, then I can see how it fits...

ok mate, it is a push fit, honest, just tight. !!

Ooo err mrs.

Stick some BMW badges on and no one would expect to see indicators anyway!

Got to wait till tomorrow for the part to arrive.

Will be using my hands for the time being! :busted_cop: