S4 bumper fitting

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
I have the side brackets but will my facelift a4 bumper shocks work ok?

mine worked ok the standard ones have like a thread on it, the s4 ones are a solid piece i just adjusted them a bit. you have the side s4 brackets?

Its on loosely just now so i can get it painted at the weekend. I had to use washers on the bumper shocks to make up for them being shorter but they dont allow the bumper to sit far enough back so im going to get the s4 ones. I need to get longer bolts too. Think i need the duct for the intercooler from the s4 too.

mine where ok used the same bolts as well IIRC, are you gonna hook up the headlamp washer jets?

Already hooked up. My car had them fitted anyway.

ahh i remeber now some facelifts have the flush washer caps, you lucky thing i still need to hook mine up! amongst other things

I need to buy caps for the s4 bumper but they are only £8 each and i pick them up on thursday. To put all the s4 kit on properly you need all the bits from the donor car or its going to cost a lot more than just buying the bumper and skirts. Im not sure if any other a4's use the same bumper shocks,maybe pre facelift are the same as s4?

Im sure i will be able to get a used set. I can make do with these for now at least.

Just space them out.
I used my shocks and bumper bar on an S4 bumper so I didn't need to

I have them spaced out fine but the end of the shock hits the inside of the bumper bar so it wont go back quite far enough to sit spot on. Its not much but it is out.

Got everything painted now and the bumper looks good. Just need to get it sitting further back for it to be right but i should be getting new wings at the weekend so the bumper will be coming off again so i can sort it then and get the skirts and door trims on after that. If only it had s4 power.

Got everything painted now and the bumper looks good. Just need to get it sitting further back for it to be right but i should be getting new wings at the weekend so the bumper will be coming off again so i can sort it then and get the skirts and door trims on after that. If only it had s4 power.

got any pics, ian? you can see mine in My Garage

S4 power is not that hard to achieve, its S4 torque thats more difficult to replicate

Only got pics on my phone just now. Ill get some up when i get the rest of the kit on. Still need to get some of the velcro stuff for the skirts and maybe some other bits and bobs. Waiting on headlight washer covers now too as they are on back order at audi. I got a small lip spoiler on the boot now too so its getting there.

How it looks now. Bit dirty but you get the idea.
img_0220.jpg

defo looks the part, cant wait for the weather to improve so i cant fit the skirts

Same boat. Need to get the new wings on too. The bumper sits out a bit on the driver side and it did with the old bumper and brachets too so i should have that sorted then too. Are you just going to fit the skirts without sill trims?

most likely, i have no choice as i dont have them unless i try and cut the existing ones down dont think it will look pretty though.:Flush:

I had sport one. turn them over and there is a moulding line just outside the aluminium trim. If you cut tengthways down that they fit perfectly. you just need to bond them on with double sided tape

its quite tough plastic what did you use to cut it with?

I used someone else!

My painter body work chap did it.
If I was doing it I would use a dremmel or something circular and then sand it down flush. sharp edge would risk slipping and cutting too far in.

dremel thats interesting hadnt thought of that, what kind of grade would you think to smoothing it down, after?

If you had access to a band saw that would do it. Maybe an angle grinder with a thin disk?

eaither of those, its not super smooth, just take the edge off. its plastic afterall

A small plane would give a nice edge. I might try this.

cheers take some pics if u can please