How much BHP am I losing??????? :-(

Tavli

Reaction score
Hiya peeps

Just a quick Q, I have an Audi S4 1999 and Bank 2 lambda and both EGT's need to be replaced (this week), it has been this way since I bought the car and have never known if it was running at full power or not.

I know that when the sensors have packed up the car then "trims back" and runs lean, does this automtically mean less BHP? If so how much would I expect to be losing???????

Regards

Scott:s4addict:

lots!

Dont know an exact figure, but i'm sure you'll be pleased with the performance difference when it returns!

Really?????? I so hope that is the case....as my last motor was an A4 2.5TDi 163 sport (nice car) and on the same stretch of "private road" the A4 got up to 110 mph and in the same distance my S4 does 110 mph, I admit 0-60 is pretty rapid but after that it seems to take longer getting to say 120 ish. :scared2::aggressive::confused::confused:

Lol, it'll go like a rocket when those are fixed (assuming you have no boost leaks etc).

At the very least you'll be in limp mode now......ie. running virtually no boost at all.

both times mine have gone it hits 10psi and stops dead and just feels wrong and very slow too.

both times mine have gone it hits 10psi and stops dead and just feels wrong and very slow too.

You're on K04's though Andy.

Tavli will be hitting something like 5-7psi on K03's and it will be slooooow!!!

@Tavli - You're going to kick yourself for not sorting it out sooner, it will be a completely different car.

I had one bank of lambda/EGTs showing errors in vagcom.

The car was kind-of stutter. You could really feel it was broken. Had them changed, transformed the car. It's strange that I didn't feel the degradation in performance, only when I got it all back!

Hmmmm great stuff, I thought the car felt quite quick at times but if there is a big difference after the work is done I can't wait to give it some beans on Xmas eve when she comes back woohoooo, not had the funds to do it sooner unfortunately :keule:

Roll on Xmas lol.

Hope you all a very merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

Scott.

Another thing, I had to have both rear springs replaced last week and had to drop the car off outside the garage before work so it was about 6:30 in the morning, garage phoned me about 9am to say some Tw*t had gone down the whole driver side with a key grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Most expensive set of springs I have had, £250 for springs and labour plus gonna cost £600+ for a respray down the one side :bye:

Oh and a Merry Xmas to all and a Happy New Year

:beerchug:

Another thing, I had to have both rear springs replaced last week and had to drop the car off outside the garage before work so it was about 6:30 in the morning, garage phoned me about 9am to say some Tw*t had gone down the whole driver side with a key grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Most expensive set of springs I have had, £250 for springs and labour plus gonna cost £600+ for a respray down the one side :bye:

Lets hope it wasn't the garage shifting the blaim to an untraceable source after someone at the garage walked to close to your motor with a tool/or something in hand.

Sorry.... just my cynical mind:sorry:

Nah, they are a good bunch of guys andI have know the one for most of my life so trust that it happened before opening, plus the kids in the area are little shites. Oh well live and learn eh?

Ouch man :( :mad:

You're on K04's though Andy.

Tavli will be hitting something like 5-7psi on K03's and it will be slooooow!!!

@Tavli - You're going to kick yourself for not sorting it out sooner, it will be a completely different car.

thats when i was on k03s but remaped

agreed totally transforms the car when fixed