Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Neutral

Status

How much BHP am I losing??????? :-(

Hiya peeps

Just a quick Q, I have an Audi S4 1999 and Bank 2 lambda and both EGT's need to be replaced (this week), it has been this way since I bought the car and have never known if it was running at full power or not.

I know that when the sensors have packed up the car then "trims back" and runs lean, does this automtically mean less BHP? If so how much would I expect to be losing???????

Regards

Scott
    Audi S4 1999 Facelift Stock.

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    lots!

Dont know an exact figure, but i'm sure you'll be pleased with the performance difference when it returns!

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Neutral

Status
    Really?????? I so hope that is the case....as my last motor was an A4 2.5TDi 163 sport (nice car) and on the same stretch of "private road" the A4 got up to 110 mph and in the same distance my S4 does 110 mph, I admit 0-60 is pretty rapid but after that it seems to take longer getting to say 120 ish.

6th Gear

Status
    Lol, it'll go like a rocket when those are fixed (assuming you have no boost leaks etc).

At the very least you'll be in limp mode now......ie. running virtually no boost at all.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    yer, it doesnt just trim the fuelling, it cuts the boost right back too.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

4th Gear

Status
    both times mine have gone it hits 10psi and stops dead and just feels wrong and very slow too.
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andybnwc View Post
    both times mine have gone it hits 10psi and stops dead and just feels wrong and very slow too.
    You're on K04's though Andy.

Tavli will be hitting something like 5-7psi on K03's and it will be slooooow!!!

@Tavli - You're going to kick yourself for not sorting it out sooner, it will be a completely different car.
    Mo power, mo problems

3rd Gear

Status
    I had one bank of lambda/EGTs showing errors in vagcom.

The car was kind-of stutter. You could really feel it was broken. Had them changed, transformed the car. It's strange that I didn't feel the degradation in performance, only when I got it all back!
    1999 S4, MIJ Performance exhaust with 100 cell cats

Neutral

Status
    Hmmmm great stuff, I thought the car felt quite quick at times but if there is a big difference after the work is done I can't wait to give it some beans on Xmas eve when she comes back woohoooo, not had the funds to do it sooner unfortunately

Roll on Xmas lol.

Hope you all a very merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

Scott.

Neutral

Status
    Another thing, I had to have both rear springs replaced last week and had to drop the car off outside the garage before work so it was about 6:30 in the morning, garage phoned me about 9am to say some Tw*t had gone down the whole driver side with a key grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Most expensive set of springs I have had, 250 for springs and labour plus gonna cost 600+ for a respray down the one side

Neutral

Status
    Oh and a Merry Xmas to all and a Happy New Year

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavli View Post
    Another thing, I had to have both rear springs replaced last week and had to drop the car off outside the garage before work so it was about 6:30 in the morning, garage phoned me about 9am to say some Tw*t had gone down the whole driver side with a key grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Most expensive set of springs I have had, 250 for springs and labour plus gonna cost 600+ for a respray down the one side
    Lets hope it wasn't the garage shifting the blaim to an untraceable source after someone at the garage walked to close to your motor with a tool/or something in hand.

Sorry.... just my cynical mind
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

Neutral

Status
    Nah, they are a good bunch of guys andI have know the one for most of my life so trust that it happened before opening, plus the kids in the area are little ****es. Oh well live and learn eh?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavli View Post
    Ouch man

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Thunder View Post
    You're on K04's though Andy.

Tavli will be hitting something like 5-7psi on K03's and it will be slooooow!!!

@Tavli - You're going to kick yourself for not sorting it out sooner, it will be a completely different car.
    thats when i was on k03s but remaped

agreed totally transforms the car when fixed
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter