Speedo/drivetrain slop

dogger

Reaction score
I've just replaced the clutch, flywheel and snub mount on my 1.8tqs and there still seems to be the clonk from the rear if I'm not gentle on the clutch. This points to the front diff mount of course.

Firstly, does the windscreen adhesive really work, I would imagine it wouldn't be difficult for someone in the know to polybush the original mount. Spending over £100 on something like a mount bugs me a little.

My speedo also has an intermittent fault that I believe is due to drive train slop, where/how is the speed read please?

Any advice welcomed

Thanks

I replaced my front diff mount at the rear with an Apikol item and still have a clunk.
I think you will find that it is just as likely to be your subframe bushes or a rear arm as it is the diff.

I am hoping to attack the subframe next year as I have some uprated mounts for it but it looks a pig of a job!

Interesting, thanks, I'll investigate the other bushes when I can find a ramp.

Not sure where to start with the speedo so any ideas welcome. It seems to read fine but under hard acceleration would read low and bounce around before returning to normal. Vehicle has had a new clutch if that could be it?