My door has dropped

tazzy baby

Welsh & Proud
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals does any one know how hard it is to change door hinges and has any one got a pair for a 97 a4 drivers front hinges or how much would they set me back

Thanks Tazzy

I have a similar problem with my drivers door after a dog ran into it just after I opened the door. The door has dropped about 1/4 inch.
Can I just loosen hinge mounting bolts and reposition the door or am I going to have to get new hinges or possibly something far more expensive. Want to avoid stealers as I'm not a banker !!!

just wind the window down and put your shoulder in and pull it back up , or if you are not strong jack the car up open the door then place a axle stand under the bottom of the door on a piece of wood to not damage the door then slowley lower the car onto it to push the door back up . Worked on both mine no problem.

I have a similar problem with my drivers door after a dog ran into it just after I opened the door. The door has dropped about 1/4 inch.
Can I just loosen hinge mounting bolts and reposition the door or am I going to have to get new hinges or possibly something far more expensive. Want to avoid stealers as I'm not a banker !!!

POOR DOG

just wind the window down and put your shoulder in and pull it back up , or if you are not strong jack the car up open the door then place a axle stand under the bottom of the door on a piece of wood to not damage the door then slowley lower the car onto it to push the door back up . Worked on both mine no problem.

DIDNT WORK ON MINE ITS DROPS ABOUT HALF AN INCH EVERY TIME I OPEN THE DOOR HAS ANYBODY GOT SOME LYING AROUNG GOING CHEAP AND ARE THEY HARD TO CHANGE:icon_thumright:

DIDNT WORK ON MINE ITS DROPS ABOUT HALF AN INCH EVERY TIME I OPEN THE DOOR HAS ANYBODY GOT SOME LYING AROUNG GOING CHEAP AND ARE THEY HARD TO CHANGE:icon_thumright:

have a look at a breakers yard. have you checked how much they are then? try GSF or Euro car parts

Cant find any in the scrap yards around here and cant afford to buy new butty just forked out a tump of cash on my daughters birthday and now christmas :banghead:

Chatting to mark about this, he recommended loosening the bolts, lifting the door up, and then retightening the bolts.

Give that a try?

Mine has done the same. When I shut the door it just bounces open so I need to actually push it closed. You can see it has dropped when its closed and you can also hear the air coming in when driving (esp on motorways).

I have a 2001 A4 previously and had no problems with that so is it just the B5 chassis?