Chris NottEM Tuning
    Rookie

Status

My door has dropped

Hi guys and gals does any one know how hard it is to change door hinges and has any one got a pair for a 97 a4 drivers front hinges or how much would they set me back

Thanks Tazzy
    If you give a mouse a cookie......

He's gonna want a glass of milk....

vorsprung durch technik

2. # ADS
    ADS

1.8T Quattro Sport AJL

Status
    I have a similar problem with my drivers door after a dog ran into it just after I opened the door. The door has dropped about 1/4 inch.
    Can I just loosen hinge mounting bolts and reposition the door or am I going to have to get new hinges or possibly something far more expensive. Want to avoid stealers as I'm not a banker !!!

4th Gear

Status
    just wind the window down and put your shoulder in and pull it back up , or if you are not strong jack the car up open the door then place a axle stand under the bottom of the door on a piece of wood to not damage the door then slowley lower the car onto it to push the door back up . Worked on both mine no problem.
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz71 View Post
    I have a similar problem with my drivers door after a dog ran into it just after I opened the door. The door has dropped about 1/4 inch.
    Can I just loosen hinge mounting bolts and reposition the door or am I going to have to get new hinges or possibly something far more expensive. Want to avoid stealers as I'm not a banker !!!
    POOR DOG

Rookie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andybnwc View Post
    just wind the window down and put your shoulder in and pull it back up , or if you are not strong jack the car up open the door then place a axle stand under the bottom of the door on a piece of wood to not damage the door then slowley lower the car onto it to push the door back up . Worked on both mine no problem.

DIDNT WORK ON MINE ITS DROPS ABOUT HALF AN INCH EVERY TIME I OPEN THE DOOR HAS ANYBODY GOT SOME LYING AROUNG GOING CHEAP AND ARE THEY HARD TO CHANGE

vorsprung durch technik

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tazzy baby View Post
    DIDNT WORK ON MINE ITS DROPS ABOUT HALF AN INCH EVERY TIME I OPEN THE DOOR HAS ANYBODY GOT SOME LYING AROUNG GOING CHEAP AND ARE THEY HARD TO CHANGE
    have a look at a breakers yard. have you checked how much they are then? try GSF or Euro car parts

Rookie

Status
    Cant find any in the scrap yards around here and cant afford to buy new butty just forked out a tump of cash on my daughters birthday and now christmas

vorsprung durch technik

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Chatting to mark about this, he recommended loosening the bolts, lifting the door up, and then retightening the bolts.

Give that a try?

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Reverse Gear

Status
    Mine has done the same. When I shut the door it just bounces open so I need to actually push it closed. You can see it has dropped when its closed and you can also hear the air coming in when driving (esp on motorways).

I have a 2001 A4 previously and had no problems with that so is it just the B5 chassis?

4th Gear

Status
    is it loose when lifted up and down?
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter