How to remove dash trim?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
Any body got any tips for removing it,ie what do I need to remove to get it out.

glovebox, drivers knee bolster and centre console need to be removed to access the clips to remove it sadly

was a nightmare job all easy other then centre clip as byzan says you have to remove centre console,i ended up just braking off to remove was only the horrid wood so i didnt care ,then put back new carbon trim peices and never put centre clip on no one will no and wont make a difrance

Thought it was going to be a pain in the hoop. I dont have the small bit to the right of the wheel yet so its just the big bit in the middle just now,might do it tonight if i can be *****. Done the doors last night no problem.

Ian, sticking carbon in?

PM Ras A4 if you are getting rid of the alli, i think he wants some.

I miss my CF

Yeah got some carbon goodness. The alloy ones all have marks on them and the driver door one is for the bin i think. The rest are not too bad but hardly mint. I found out that the gear stick surround on a double din centre console is different from a single din anyway.

That i found out too when swapping to the TQS.
I was gonna let the CF all go together, but the CF for the DD had to stay as the single DIN trim wouldnt work.

The gear surround fits but is about 3" short at the back so ill nee to make a plate to fill the gap. What did you get rid of the carbon for?

went with the purple car to Lee

you will have 2 screws covered by caps either side on the handbrake console, then remove the little handrake tab under the handbrake handle you will need a thin stubby screwdriver or similar. the the leather handle will slide off, then remove rear ashtray, unbolt the armrest if you have one, might be some bolt/screw under the little console carpet. slide the rear console back a bit.
1.Then passenger side of centre console another cap.
2. mine is a Symphony HU so that came out 1st, you will find more bolts behind that
3.wedge out HVAC climate next
4. hazard fog trim off more bolts
5. ashtray more bolts
6. flip off gear stick surround should pop off
7. pull out centre console all this for 1 clip will be dead centre above the hazard switch area
think thats almost it

How does the centre console come out as i need to swap mine soon?

Drizz, started taking the door trims off today, got 2 off at the mo, but need to start car again to move to let me in pass side so waiting on it charging, pm you when i have them all off, 2nite hopefully.

If anyone has a spare drivers and passengers door trim in brushed sliver, please let me know.

I do but the driver one is full of dents. The pasanger one has some marks but not that bad.

Mine have a few marks, so ideally I wanted nice condition ones. What sort of price are they new ? Extortionate ?

Im sure i priced them up and the fronts were twenty something each.

What a pain in the **** to do the dash trim. Does look nice thou,just need to do the small bit on the driver side now when i get it.

Can anyone differentiate the part numbers for the door trims ? I've just looked on ETKA and there is several colour codes / numbers for various Silver / Aluminium trims ?