SatNav Plus problem

JohnGibson

Reaction score
Hi,

No sooner have I posted an ESP problem on this forum than I have another one that is bugging me! 2000 ABT upgraded S4 Avant, Recaros, the works.
My SatNav+, which as you know is also the radio/CD control, is complaining whenever I start it and I am stuck with being unable to change radio stations or functions TV-SatNav-CD-Tuner. Basically, a few seconds into the start-up initialisation, there is a loud BEEP and the message comes up on remains on the screen "RDS-TMC tuner: Connection to RDS-TMC tuner is faulty or could not be established!
You can fool it by switching channels etc in the brief couple of seconds before the error appears, then U are stuck. I'm kind of getting used to having to listen to Terry Wogan in the mornings as it is stuck on Radio2. HEEELP!
I am guessing the message does actually refer to a loose connection somewhere (the tracker was upgraded recently .... hmmmm), but am at a loss as to where to start looking. I cannot even figure out how to remove the module from the dash to check there.

Does anybody have an idea what is up, before I am off to my £££££ Audi Dealer in desperation?

Regards .. John.

Did you ever get a resolve for this, I am having the same problem.

Also, the top third of my Driver information display (where the radio/cd/satnav stuff is displayed) is blank

[ QUOTE ]
Did you ever get a resolve for this, I am having the same problem.

Also, the top third of my Driver information display (where the radio/cd/satnav stuff is displayed) is blank

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same issue...... however not knowing what car you have, my problem may be unrelated. Still, when I upgraded my original stereo (Gamma I think - Radio and cassette), to a Concert (Radio and single CD), I lost my top third of the display (Radio station currently tuned in to etc.).
The reason for this is I believe CANBUS wiring. The Concert stereo I have fits in the hole and all the connections fitted without adjustment (suspect it was from a later model Audi - bought off ebay and the guy said it would work as normal), however I did have to add an additional wire to the set to the loom to illuminate the set when the lights were switched on (did a search on the t'internet and found a help sheet).
Secondly, the set now believes it has a constant live and therfore switches off afer an hour. Also I have to turn it on and off as it's not controlled by the ignition.
Thirdly, sometimes when I turn it on, the sound only comes through the rear speakers.... several on and off's and it comes through them all (very frustrating as sometimes it's ok when first switched on)

Lastly and as above, the top third of the DIS was lost - been informed nowt I can do as I do not have CANBUS wiring

Never mind - I have a CD player that works fine and the illuminations all blend in to the dash which is what I wanted.