Ferrodo DS2500 for 1.8T Sport (1996)

Empi5

Reaction score
We are looking to upgrade the pads, and was wondering who you guys /girls use to supply these pads.

What sort of costing should i expect ?

Am i also right that the standard disc size is 288mm.

Thanks alot

Hello mate. Yes I believe the 2500's are a very good pad. Costly though (over £100)I will be buying some myself shortly. 288 mm is spot on. The B6 generation has 312mm.

288 and 312 should be the same pad tho right? the caliper is the same

288 and 312 pads are the same.

as for the ds2500s, just go on google and compare prices

DS2500's seem to retail about the £140 mark when I went looking. I had to opt for stock pads thi stime around though and got a set of Bosch pads for £34 from my local motor factors. So far they seem pretty damn good with great initial bite.

I ran my standard 1.8T brakes on track last Feb and to be fair the faired fairly well depsite several heavy doses of braking from an indicated 130mph into a 50mph corner. They seemed to last for about 5 to 6 laps before they faded out badly.

Personally I would look at the 312mm upgrade and see where that puts you before shelling out on expensive pads. If you want to look at fast road/track pads teh Mintex 1155 is another good one

i wouldnt pay £140

try a set of pagids from gsf, most likely theyll sort you out fine

failing that get some ebc yellows, but £140 is pointless on pads on a 150bhp a4

DS2500's are one of the best Fast Road/Track pad you can get, hence they are costly, from the reviews i read when trying to decide on fast road pads, they last well, produce low dust and are not hard on discs, unlike the comparable Mintex 1144's

the Mintex 1144's iirc are abit cheaper, and are as good a pad, however they squeel in day to day driving, make loads of dust, and are meant to chew threw discs much quicker than other pads.

www.camskill.co.uk supply both the DS2500's and Mintex1144's, once youve got your part numbers you can shop around to see where gives you the best price

The 1144 and 1155 are different compound of pad though and the 1155 is more comparable to the DS2500.

Will never touch EBC again after quite a few issues with their Green Stuff pads. I know teh red and yellow stuff are different pads but as the old saying goes "once bitten, twice shy"

i was under the impression that the 1155 was the track pad, comparable to the DS3000?

mintexs range is more spread out, they have the 1144 1155 and 1166 whereas ferodo have the ds2500 and ds3000 covering the same range.

I wouldnt like to use 1155, 1166 or ds3000 on the road.

I have DS2500 and like them.

I did not mind the mintex but were screetchy when driving around town and the amount of brake dust they generated was mental!

I've only been in one car with "Good" pads (they were some wilwood compound, but probably quite similar to a ds2500) and the thing with them was that in normal driving they felt just like normal brakes, but once they got hot, they transformed into savage beasts rather than fading out like normal brakes would.

"savage beasts", at which point aragon realised he was indeed a DRIVING GOD

so godlike you "drove" using just the powers of your mind?

Aragorn pictured earlier using the powers of his mind :p

bowler.jpg

i didnt say drove? i said i've only been in one car with good pads...

Driving with my mind... theres a thaught. I'll try that later. Maybe i can also use my mind to add the missing 5mm of metal back onto the camshaft in the disco and have it actually accellerate too!

:idea:

Cheers for the replies guys, the car is a track car with plenty of modifications, It belonged to a member on here, and is well documented.

Will probably go for the Ferodos.

You got Craigs old car then?

Yes mate. Weve owned a couple of tracked prepped Pug 205's, and was looking for something a bit different, and this fitted the bill.

Its fun thats for sure, and alot of work has gone into it.