My New S4 Pics

jq_quint

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Finally got some pics sorted this afternoon, see what you think.

One thing that spoils it is the slightly corroded caliper (see last pic), any ideas, I was thinking rubbing it back to see it thats enough, or should it be painted?

Eh ! Hang on, how'd you attach pics ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Insert Pic prompts me for a url address?:uhm:

setup a photobucket account if you aint got one already then upload your pics on to there then use the IMG code of the pic that has been uploaded, copy and paste into your thread. job done

Hi Guys,

Finally got some pics sorted this afternoon, see what you think.

One thing that spoils it is the slightly corroded caliper (see last pic), any ideas, I was thinking rubbing it back to see it thats enough, or should it be painted?

DSC03917.jpg

DSC03919.jpg

DSC03921.jpg

DSC03923.jpg

DSC03927.jpg

DSC03930.jpg

DSC03928.jpg

get the caliper shotblasted and prime and paint Joe
nice motor

id go black mate, dont be going for red or blue, keep that for the saxo's and fiestas lol nice looking S4 mate, i love them in black.

let the fun begin

depends what look your going for I do black on mine
stoke07006.jpg

but its all in the eye of the beholder I believe

id go black mate, dont be going for red or blue, keep that for the saxo's and fiestas lol nice looking S4 mate, i love them in black.

Ha ha ha, I was contemplating silver but i guess unless it was exactly the same as the wheels it would look odd, blacks probably safer. Can't help but think wheels seem very small for the arch space though? Was there an oe upgrade to 18" ? If so what did these look like?

No OE upgrade, plus larger wheels means smaller tyre, so the arch gaps remain the same anyway.

You just need to lower it a little ;)

http://www.lr90.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=285&g2_serialNumber=4
http://www.lr90.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=290&g2_serialNumber=4

Thats craigs car with 18" BBS CH's and a set of Eibach ProKit lowering springs and Bilstein dampers.

It does look awesome in black, i would be going for a full on black on black theme, with black wheels, dechromed grille, badge and headlights etc.

No OE upgrade, plus larger wheels means smaller tyre, so the arch gaps remain the same anyway.

You just need to lower it a little ;)

http://www.lr90.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=285&g2_serialNumber=4
http://www.lr90.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=290&g2_serialNumber=4

Thats craigs car with 18" BBS CH's and a set of Eibach ProKit lowering springs and Bilstein dampers.

It does look awesome in black, i would be going for a full on black on black theme, with black wheels, dechromed grille, badge and headlights etc.

Doh..what was I thinking, of course the tyres get smaller....ok well lowering is an option, don't like to deter too far away from oe though...
I really didn't want a black car, but love it now. If your into black on black think you'll hate my xmas present (to myself) then, yep alum brushed mirrors !:rockwoot:

I'll repost pics when they are fitted, see what you think..

S4Twiggy - so Grant, you iz saying my car iz a saxo or a fiesta now?? lol.

jq quint - Nice looking motor there:icon_thumright:. Hope you got a deep bountiful wallet there.

Our cars not black, its some crappy shade of blue, but i've removed every trace of chrome and silver and done it all anthracite grey.

Would love a proper black motor though!

I'm half tempted to get a big pot of black paint and a roller, and go mental on the discovery!

S4Twiggy - so Grant, you iz saying my car iz a saxo or a fiesta now?? lol.
QUOTE]

lol na mate, you cant help but have massive red MOV-IT calipers to wrap round them huge disks of yours so your excused lol keep it black and not in your face i say unless you have your brakes which are just mental:arco:

ha ha, just read your signature 'Not' Ming Blue..very funny..

Lol, i was needing a replacement wing, and someone on here was selling a wing that looked about right. I got him to check the color code and his was LZ5L Ming Blue. I thaught mine was the same and a quick look in the service book "confirmed" it, so i got the wing and fitted it. Turns out the wing is a metallic color very similar to mine, and mine is a flat blue.

After lots of headscratching i realised i'd missread it and mine was color code LY5L hence the sig :)

V nice motor - Shmoo need to update their site though, your car's still shown as for sale!

Did they still have the '62 VW Squareback in? Really been hankering after that but it's gone to some Ozzie. :(

V nice motor - Shmoo need to update their site though, your car's still shown as for sale!

Did they still have the '62 VW Squareback in? Really been hankering after that but it's gone to some Ozzie. :(

Thanks, ha ha well no-one can buy it now....

not sure about the VW, good seller though, proper enthusiast...

nice car, lovin that interior

Last edited:
Stunning, I was hoping to get one in 2010 but saddly circumsatnces mean I'm stuck with my 1.8T for a while longer :(

I had a bit of a guilt trip and struggled to justify as we have our 3rd little one on the way, but then I thought why not, I deserve it, but have had to promise the wife a seven seater...:blush: