Pre or post facelift A4 B5 avant?

sidkiz

Reaction score
I have an audi A4 avant on the certificate of conformity it states its is a
B5
8D, Audi A4, S4

The date of registration is 30/04/1999

I have recently exported the car to France and need to change the headlights but cannot determine whether I need pre or post facelift headlights.

Can any one help?
Thanks

if its a facelift model your washer jets will be under the bonnet and not on top like regular cars

side indicators are oblong on facelift rather than square.

date of registration is not always a good indicator. at that date it could even be a late 98 car. dealerships take cars and hold them off the register as long as possible, especially now when the year effectively has two registration indicators.

your chassis number is a clear indicator. has a cut off point regardless of registration date.

think it is the last 5 digits that are important

if its 2 piece lights its pre facelift. easy.

If you fit facelift lamps, they have a little lever inside to switch between LHD and RHD.

Seen as your having to change anyway, it makes sense to buy the facelift ones and freshen the car up at the same time.

Just changed my headlight got them from e-bay Angel Eye style sure they did continental ones. Easy fit only 20 min job mine were universal for pre faclift or faclift bracket supllied so no worries hope this helps ??