FMIC worth it???

GforceA4

Reaction score
Ive decided it time to start gettin more power and doing more to my TQS

i keep thinkin it worth having one, but been told they are not all they are cracked to be?

help on this please!!!!!!!

i gonna con someone for one Xmas prezzie :yahoo:

If its a standard car, its not worth it.

If your getting into remaps and hybrid turbos then it will be worth it.

If its just a remapped standard car its probably questionable, but likely still worth it.

i was think FMIC first then get a remap and then see what im runnin to see if the a new turbo is nexted

To make the most out of the FMIC you'd need a custom map. To pay for a custom map and then swap your turbo and go for another custom map will cost you a fortune.

I'd fit the FMIC and turbo when funds are available and then get a map to suit.

get one, the stock item is pants.
I dropped inlet temps by 25 degrees and got 2-3mpg more at 80mph (test track).
even just a 25deg drop allows the engine to run a better timing curve under load.

all that on a stock engine with a Miltek turbo back.
If you are even thinking of a remap then you will see more benefit with an FMIC especially after long bursts of WOT. (wide open throttle)

the inlet temps rocket when you are running at WOT on skinny little KO3, it becomes a hot air pump and you will feel it lose power/torque at the top end when hot.

rite then

where the best place to get FMIC??

What turbo would be best to use?

What else would be best to do at the same time?

That sort of power will require a fair few mods mate..

Injectors
MAF
Turbo
TIP
FMIC
REMAP
De-cat/sport cat
Exhaust
Clutch
etc.. etc..

Not easy or cheap to add over 100HP.

Can find fairly reasonably priced FMICs on ebay eg. Autobahn88 kit.

Could go hybrid K04-015 or something a bit more meaty.. Garrett etc for the turbo.

ok cool cost doesnt bother me, its a long term project, ill do what it take to get it to bhp i want it,

rite now ive got a list

betta start buying!!! oh the missus will be so proud lol

Am I being stupid what the TIP???

get one, the stock item is pants.
I dropped inlet temps by 25 degrees and got 2-3mpg more at 80mph (test track).
even just a 25deg drop allows the engine to run a better timing curve under load.

all that on a stock engine with a Miltek turbo back.
If you are even thinking of a remap then you will see more benefit with an FMIC especially after long bursts of WOT. (wide open throttle)

the inlet temps rocket when you are running at WOT on skinny little KO3, it becomes a hot air pump and you will feel it lose power/torque at the top end when hot.

I totally agree with this, watched my inlet temps drop over standard as soon as I fitted one.

ok cool cost doesnt bother me, its a long term project, ill do what it take to get it to bhp i want it,

rite now ive got a list

betta start buying!!! oh the missus will be so proud lol

Am I being stupid what the TIP???

Turbo Intake Pipe. It's between the MAF and the turbo, with various off shoots for other valves and breathers. They are renowned for crushing under high intake loads...

And my missus wants to murder me, and the car, for the amount of time and money that it gets that she doesn't.... hahaha. She knows where the door is.

Turbo Intake Pipe. It's between the MAF and the turbo, with various off shoots for other valves and breathers. They are renowned for crushing under high intake loads...

And my missus wants to murder me, and the car, for the amount of time and money that it gets that she doesn't.... hahaha. She knows where the door is.

lol mate yeah agree with that lol

looks like it going flyin machine when i get it finished!!!!

Depending on what turbo you go for you might need to take various different steps to get it all working correctly.

Eg. A K04-015 hybrid will bolt straight to your existing exhaust manifold (although you might choose a performance one anyway) and will fit to the standard Turbo Intake Pipe allowing you to use the standard airbox.

A GTxxx turbo will require a different flange to bolt to and more than likely a totally different intake setup and air filter etc.

Depending on what turbo you go for you might need to take various different steps to get it all working correctly.

Eg. A K04-015 hybrid will bolt straight to your existing exhaust manifold (although you might choose a performance one anyway) and will fit to the standard Turbo Intake Pipe allowing you to use the standard airbox.

A GTxxx turbo will require a different flange to bolt to and more than likely a totally different intake setup and air filter etc.

cheers for that more info that i need

You'd need to find a K04-015 then send it to someone like scroll for hybridising.

Another option might be to use a k03-073 as they're a bit easier to get a hold of and see what scroll can do with one of those.