Turbo wanted please...

Whats up with the replacement one? I didnt expect you to have an AEB in your passat. What age is she?

she be a 98 mate. :) The replacment was apparently the origanl Turbo, tho i cant see nothing wrong with it. need to get it on Vag com asap, but cant get ot working on Win 7

Alpine: when you launch vagcom in 7, you need to right click it and choose "run as administrator" then it works just fine :)

Hmm thats not right then

If i dont run mine in administrator it starts, then crashes when it tries to connect to the engine or whatever.

I'd try reinstalling it if it wont even launch.

Hmm thats not right then

If i dont run mine in administrator it starts, then crashes when it tries to connect to the engine or whatever.

I'd try reinstalling it if it wont even launch.

tryed that, wont have none of it. perhaps my copy of vag com is different. :(

Alpine, I have the same problem. I go to enter a module, ie: Engine, and the whole screen goes pale and it freezes.

I just re-install Vagcom and it works fine... for one session. Have to do this each time I start it up.

What makes you think there's something wrong with your turbo mate?

0.1 bar boost!!! i know i just come from a 350bhp scoob but i know the pi55rat aint ment to be that slow! lol

Boost gauge fitted says there no boosty woosty! all pipes checked, DV`s been replaced, as has N75. :S

0.1 bar boost!!! i know i just come from a 350bhp scoob but i know the pi55rat aint ment to be that slow! lol

Boost gauge fitted says there no boosty woosty! all pipes checked, DV`s been replaced, as has N75. :S

Sounds like the turbo to me mate ;)

I have numerous turbos to bolt to an AEB.. you want a standard K03 (K03-005 I think)?

See what VAG.COM comes up with first obviously.

then ill have a ko3 lol

sorry i read your post wrong! lol

ill get my coat>>>>>>>>>>

Ha ha.. easy to get a 5 and an S mixed up.

If you've got a K03 hotside to hybrid it with I have a K03 coldside with about 95K on it. It's in good condition with minimal shaft play (I said shaft play ha)

Lee: the 180hp models didnt actually get the 029.

The AJL has a 005 turbo just like the AEB. Only the very late 150hp DBW engines got the 029, and all the B6 models got it too.

Ha ha.. easy to get a 5 and an S mixed up.

If you've got a K03 hotside to hybrid it with I have a K03 coldside with about 95K on it. It's in good condition with minimal shaft play (I said shaft play ha)

price? :scared2:

16p plus £20 postage! lol

dunno bud, just PM me a price. i mite just get my TD05 modded muhaha!

Last edited:
it may just be the penny washer on the waste gate has come off or the actuator is bust. if its the washer you just need the hot side from a blown k03 to replace it with. does it smoke or anything? if not i would look into that.

tdo5 has the same flange, if it would fit in the hole is another story.. Hmmmmm Tdo5, Large FMIc and a map! he who dares my son, he who dares!

Ill drop you a PM when i need the turbo Lee as im sure the TD05 route is not that simple ^^^^.

that ok?

I very much doubt the TD05 has the same flange.

Lee: http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/au/A4/1999/223/49/2771536/

If you look there it has the part number for the AJL turbo, 058145703L.

The other turbo listed for the APU, ANB and AWT engines is the 058145703J.

If you look up an AEB, it uses the same 703L turbo, which is a K03-005.

The 703J is used on those two DBW engines, and most B6's, bar the 190hp BEX engined B6 models. This is the 029, which has 8 blades on the compressor instead of 12.

been told a TD04 bolts straight on an AEB. Alot of yanks do it aparently. As the 04 and 05 have the same fitment i assume a 05 will bolt straight on too!?

im sure ill be prooved wrong :)

Aragorn - You learn something new every day!

So boosting a 180HP to 210HP must be ringing the little K03 to death!

Ye!!

I thaught the k03s was fitted to AJL's too, but when both docurleys old turbo and marks turbo from unfettled AJL's were both standard 005's i had another look!

been told a TD04 bolts straight on an AEB. Alot of yanks do it aparently. As the 04 and 05 have the same fitment i assume a 05 will bolt straight on too!?

im sure ill be prooved wrong :)

That's sounds promising.. I'd imagine you'd need to play around with the TIP and connections but nothing too costly.