Pads for my S4

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
im currently searching for pads as mine are on the way out and MOT is soon, im looking at the tarox strada 112 but they £105 inc vat and as its xmas im kind of skint at the moment so was wondering if anyone knew decent pads but for a good price i can look for, im useless when it comes to the net so if anyoine can point me in the right direction much appreciated

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/3094/performance-brake-pads-front-strada

Last edited:
GSF will sort you out, they offered me a a good choice Brembo disc+ Pad's £163 all in. The pad's don't leave huge amount's of dust..They gave me a little bit of discount aswell.

fair play colin my old china you had a good deal there, i hd these disks and pads on march and they not even OEM and it cost me £170 lol

I once tried fitting a set of GSF pads (they were Lucas) to my mates B5 facelift S4. They didn't fit and were slightly different, either way they were wrong. Ended up getting them from Audi for about £100 quid, but they were right.

Hardhitter. When i spoke to GSF over the phone they told me that there a three types of pad's. And a choice of disc's. They ask me to bring in the caliper's and disc's so they could match it all up, after a few different set's we found correct type's..

Fair enough CMD. When I went online and looked (at the time) GSF only listed one set of pads for the S4. Obviously the best idea is to take your old pads down and get them matched.

Try ferodo DS2500 pads. APracing recommended them to me.

my vote is the ds2500 pads they are a great pad with loads of bite and great stopping power - they are not bad from cold either, however they aren't cheap but i guess you get what you pay for....

and id recommend ebc yellows. had them on various cars and ill be putting them on my s4 too, god knows what thatll cost though

currently my s4 has a set of mintex in there and after some fairly hard use i have not had fade yet

Do you have the '8-pad per front axle' fiddly little pads?

Pricey.

yup, ive not come across a setup like that in the past

what other calipers did they have then?

Maybe I'm dreaming but I've been under the impression that there were two types for the S4,......maybe it was just the one.

I had no idea it had 8 little pads up front until we took that set off to fit the RS4 set-up.

before i bought my car i did check on the price of consumable and the pads do come out dear, £100 just for ATEs

much interest in your car? im pimping yours to a friend of mine who likes to drive the same car as i do

Definitely dear yeah. I managed to get my RS4 front axle set in Red-Stuff ceramic for £85 posted.

Yeah, I've got a couple of interested chaps trying to get an opportunity to travel to see it ASAP :yes:. I'm quite sure that if they saw it in the flesh they'd buy it.

Keep on pimping :) ;)

i really fancied nogaro blue, but im not that miffed ive got sanorini blue as it seems half the board drives a nogaro car!

my s4 is coming back out the shed tonight so well be travelling to work in that tomorrow (we car share) so i shall be pimping away whilst trying to snap his head off backwards with the torque

I seem to see a lot more B6 S4's and S3's in Nogaro than B5's.

I just love the way it looks a different colour every time I go near it lol
Sometimes it looks dark blue, sometimes light blue, sometimes bold, sometimes metallic and sometimes even slightly purpley.

ill be gettin them from GSF probably, only after a cheap set for now to get me through the MOT and pointless gettin good pads if im runnin stock(dont even think hey stock) discs so when/if it passes MOT ill be doing suspension then brakes upgrade befoe i go ahead with the MRC trip

ill be gettin them from GSF probably, only after a cheap set for now to get me through the MOT and pointless gettin good pads if im runnin stock(dont even think hey stock) discs so when/if it passes MOT ill be doing suspension then brakes upgrade befoe i go ahead with the MRC trip

Good idea man :) I am thinking changing to RS4 b5 breakes soon :)

S4twiggy: A disk is just that, a disk. Top notch pads and poverty spec disks will perform a LOT better than shiney disks and crappy pads. Its just a lump of steel at the end of the day, and i dont rate "performance" disks as a worthwhile mod.

Get the generic disks from GSF and pair them up with some good pads and you'll end up with a decent brake setup.

Ok the good pads might cost a bit more, but given that your changing them anyway, i'd just do it right the first time.

gyppo discs can be more prone to warping, ive found that out in the past

but for actual stopping performance, ive not noticed any difference between grooved drilled etc or plain

"warping" is usualy caused by pad deposits from using the brakes incorrectly. These deposits become extremely hard and cause the disk to wear unevenly. If you catch it early enough and properly boot the **** out of the brakes you can sometimes clear it (ie slowing from 70 to 10mph 10 times in a row)

I've NEVER had a warped disk and i've always fitted brakeworld/delphi/QH disks ie whatever the factors have on the shelf.

A little care and common sense and you'll not have a problem. Coming to a halt with your foot on the pedal with hot brakes is the usual culprit. All it needs is for you to lift off the pedal and let the car roll to a stop if you have to stop with toasty brakes, or better still let them cool off before stopping.

ive had pads leave deposits part way through a run causing the brakes to make a rumbling sound, but ive had actual warped discs in the past

you are right though, discs are much of a muchness and there is definately no point going for anything fancy if youre looking for improved performance. spend the saving on pads (edit: and fluid!)