Left taillight fogs up in wet weather

cyboexpo2002

Reaction score
How annoying... had the car since April, 2850 miles (low, eh?) and we've noticed that in wet weather or when we wash it, the left rear light is fogging (condensation) a bit. Not the entire thing, but mostly around the reverse lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif It's nothing more than a faulty seal probably, but since the problem disappears in a couple hours, the dealer dismisses it and says nothing is wrong. I dont want to have it get worse like on some cars where there can be sitting water in the inside of the plastic. Any suggestions?

you can try and find the leak and hope its the seal and not a small crack, but what ou could also do is buy a new taillight. I'm not sure what year of car you have, but if you don't have the "face lift" car, then i would say if you are going to get new tails go for those.

Im not sure if its possbile as dont know the shape etc of the tailights but it may be an idea to go round the selas/other suspect areas with silicone sealent.

I have read elsewhere that this is quite 'normal' and mine does it too. I guess this just means that it is a very common 'fault' and not a cause for concern. Still, not something you expect on a car that in other respects is so well built.

really? Normal? Thats odd, i have not read that anywhere. I don't think i would like it if my tails started to get condensation build up in them.

I would check out the entire light housing and find the leak

that is headlights, i thought you were having a problem with your tail lights?